300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News :(

So some of you may remember me from other threads and I am applying with Baltimore County Police Department and Maryland State Police.

I received a letter the other day from MSP and they withdrew my conditional offer. I was SHOCKED! I have no idea why because they had already told me I had passed all the tests and they were waiting on my finished background invesigation. And I was completely honest with my BI and in my application with everything in my past. I mean I've never even done drugs, never been drunk behind the wheel, no moving violations, no criminal record, some college, etc.

The only thing that I can think of that could hurt me would be my credit (it's probably considered fair) and I didn't finish college because my mom had spine surgery so I left to come home and help take care of her. I also forgot about a job I worked for 17 days when I was 14, but I told them about it as soon as I remembered about it, and for some reason my BI thought I was lying to him about it. I told him that I had no reason to lie first of all and if I was trying to hide something I wouldn't have told Baltimore County PD about it (I realized I forgot to include it when I was filling out the BCPD PHQ).

I spoke with some friends in law enforcement and they said they don't think that would do it, but I was showing more interest in Baltimore County Police Department. I just sent out my written request for an explanation of their decision because they said all requests must be in writing. I will not let this deter me from being in law enforcement, and if anything it will make me want to work that much harder.

I believe everything happens for a reason, and I'm going to make the most of the situation that is given to me with Baltimore County PD. Any advice on this situation would be great. Thanks for taking the time to read this and stay safe out there guys and gals!
    Last edited by wheels64; 07-25-2008, 12:26 AM.

double post
    Last edited by exComptonCop; 07-25-2008, 03:12 AM.
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

triple post
      Last edited by exComptonCop; 07-25-2008, 03:13 AM. Reason: must be stuttering

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by wheels64 View Post

I believe everything happens for a reason, and I'm going to make the most of the situation that is given to me with Baltimore County PD.
        It's their loss right? Hang in there man, with an outlook like that, you'll get picked up soon enough. Just don't forget anything next time.

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
          It's their loss right? Hang in there man, with an outlook like that, you'll get picked up soon enough. Just don't forget anything next time.
          That's how I'm looking at it. HAHA! I definitely didn't forget anything. I even told him about the 3 stupid parties I went to in college that he said weren't even relevant lol. It's OK because I know a bunch of Baltimore County officers and they gave me a great reference to recruiting. I know I'm a good applicant and would make a great police officer so I'm going to give it everything that I have. I'm also going to apply with Howard County, Baltimore City, and I applied to the City of Rockville Police the other day. The Sgt. at recruiting at Baltimore County said it's always good to have backups even though Baltimore County is my first pick (I know him because I went to school with his son). Anyway, I appreciate your kind words, and hopefully in a few months I'll have good news to spread around.

Comment

hey wheels.. I too have been unofficially rejected by my 1st choice of Baltimore County...

I hadn't heard anything in a while so I called my BI to see what was going on..He told me it looks like they aren't going to select me based on feedback he was getting from the selection staff. Not sure what the real reason is other than being a white male... He mentioned something about being too immature...which is quite a shock to me! I'm 19, with no history what so ever, no tickets, never touched any drugs, not a party person haven't even been intoxicated in well over a year...I'm an elected officer in a busy volunteer fire station in the same county... So I guess I'm less mature than most people my age.. The ones that are probably hungover and suffering from the munchies sleeping next to some random girl they met last night.

The best part is it has been a month since my process has been completed and they have yet to send me my letter but when I call them they tell me yeah you're pretty much screwed.

Oh well..I too believe it all happens for a reason! On to the next process.

Comment

Sounds like MSP's loss is going to be another department's gain. Hang in there, and Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5351 users online. 289 members and 5062 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X