Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few more questions about the process.

Hello all,
    Well, I'm still alive and trucking along. Since my initial application, I have been asked back as 1 of the 3 candidates that they wanted to pursue (this is out of 16 applicants), I have turned in my background that has been finished and apparently passed, and I have my Psych. evaluation this coming monday. I have 1 specific BI that called me and introduced himself and said, "I will be handling your file now until the conclusion of the process. You have the psych, the poly and the medical and then you're all clear" I tend to read into things and took this as very encouraging, but am trying not to get my hopes up until I get through it all.

My questions are brief and have probably been somewhat covered in one aspect or another.
    1)The psych eval. should be taken just like you all suggest, right? Meaning, I should just answer the question quickly and honestly. It's mainly just to weed out the obvious odd responses, correct? Last time I checked, I wasn't crazy, but you never know.

2) On the polygraph, I intend to be 100% honest and just leave my fate in God's hands. I am just curious though. I had a very typical teenager's life in a lot of aspects. Tried weed a few times when I was in my teens. Haven't touched it in close to 9 years. I do have some petty theft in my past. And I mean PETTY. I've never been arrested or anything close to that, but I'm just scared that the theft thing will haunt me <--I'm talking an air freshener and a cologne when I was working at a job when I was 19 (I'm 28 now). My conscience still kills me on this stuff and I'm just worried that I'm going to get labeled as a thief or something because I was a dumb teenager. Ironically enough, I work as a Loss Prevention Investigator now and apprehend "dumb kids" daily for stealing "petty" things. Needless to say, I've grown up since those days. Please ease my mind. Thanks in advance.
    The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there... and still on your feet.

Thanks for the reply. FYI though, I did give specifics. I will, however,clarify. As an adult (teenager, all when I was 19) I have taken 3 things. 1st thing was car air freshener, 2nd was cologne and 3rd was I knowingly allowed a coworker to give me a free oil change although he was supposed to charge. As a child (pre-17 years old)....from what I can remember, I remember taking candy from the little "drop a quarter in and take a sample" candy bin. And I remember at my first job (15 years old), I "sampled" some food that had been damaged<--basically if any product's packaging gets damaged, it is now damaged and should be thrown out. This was at a grocery store.
    Like I said before, I have nothing to hide. I chalk it up to (for the lack of a better term) experimentation. As with anything, I made a choice and decided to do some stupid, childish things in my teenagerhood. I tried it, didn't like how it made me feel and therefor (grew up) and stopped doing it. Thanks for the response.
    The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there... and still on your feet.

Comment

Thanks again for the replies. I have been doing some soul-searching since this whole process has started and I realized that 99% of the bad stuff I did was in the 1-2 year span right after I moved out of my parent's house. I moved out early and I realize now that I kind of went nuts there for a bit until I started to figure it out what it meant to grow up. I now have a wife and a 3 year old son and my priorities are so much more in line then they were when I was younger. I trust that the BI's see this growth and that it works to my advantage. Again, thanks for the replies. Any more thoughts, anyone?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5863 users online. 355 members and 5508 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X