300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I help him?

OK Please please don't judge me, I'm just asking for advice for my husband.
    He is process with a dept right now and doing well except ...for his credit report. I quit my job to stay with my two girls last year out of necessity, we had no one to watch them(family circumstances messed up the possibility of a babysitter). I've tried my best to keep up with bills but hubby commutes to another town to work and of course with gas and the economy, well I got behind. The only blip on there actually is a 60 day house payment thats been caught up and one 90 credit card bill that I had no idea about but can pay by the end of this week. I know when I was a dispatcher my agency ran my report and i had a couple of things that I had to write explanations about but I don't want him to give a generic "its the economy" excuse. BUT the economy does suck right now and with him being the only one working, ...I just don't know. I feel so guilty and feel like its my fault if he gets kicked from this process....

Originally posted by BlueBadger View Post
    OK Please please don't judge me, I'm just asking for advice for my husband.
    He is process with a dept right now and doing well except ...for his credit report. I quit my job to stay with my two girls last year out of necessity, we had no one to watch them(family circumstances messed up the possibility of a babysitter). I've tried my best to keep up with bills but hubby commutes to another town to work and of course with gas and the economy, well I got behind. The only blip on there actually is a 60 day house payment thats been caught up and one 90 credit card bill that I had no idea about but can pay by the end of this week. I know when I was a dispatcher my agency ran my report and i had a couple of things that I had to write explanations about but I don't want him to give a generic "its the economy" excuse. BUT the economy does suck right now and with him being the only one working, ...I just don't know. I feel so guilty and feel like its my fault if he gets kicked from this process....
    The specific answer to your question will have to come from the agency he applied to. I can provide you with some very general thoughts. Departments are concerned with how an applicant is currently handling debts. Any accounts which have been charged off, referred to collections, or are delinquent, are black marks, and can result in a DQ. Again, I emphasize, the department will look at how your bills are currently being handled. I would suggest you examine your own credit report. Be certain that it accurately reflects the manner in which you're currently discharging your debts. If there are any errors in the report(s), you'll need to provide written documentation from the creditor indicating the account is current. While I understand your feelings of guilt, I urge you not to be fixated on that. Concentrate on the issues which are in your power to address. Good luck to you and your Husband.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5874 users online. 348 members and 5526 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X