300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygraph Question

I have been doing research on some of the local PDs hiring processes. Some use a polygraph and others dont. Why do some departments elect to not use a polygraph in their hiring process? Do they just do a more thourough background investigation? Thanks for the answers, I am curious to see why.

I am not planning on lying on my PHS but i was just curious to see what they would do. It seems like some people could slip through the process if they hid their stuff well enough...

Comment

The decision to use, or not use a Polygraph is that of the individual agency. Most departments opt to use the Polygraph in the applicant screening process. Keep in mind that the Polygraph is an investigative tool. It is far from infallable, it is not an oracle. From time to time unfit applicants slip through the cracks. This is true whether or not a Polygraph is used in the process.

Comment

In the state of Connecticut, it is a POST regulation that every applicant must be subject to a polygraph examination. There is also a standard polygraph questionnaire that every department must use, to the best of my knowledge. The polygraph is nothing to be feared as long as you are being truthful.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3615 users online. 248 members and 3367 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X