300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Along Attire?

Hey guys, this may have been brought up before but I could not find it. I am going for a ride along tonight. It is with the department that I am apllying with right now. I always make sure I am dressed appropriatley when I go to the department, but I think a suit is overkill for a ridealong. Will kahki pants and a button up shirt be underdressed. Dress shoes or tennis shoes? BTW it is 100F outside right now. Thanks for the help!

In my agency, riders wear a polo shirt OR button-up and nice khaki (or darker) business casual pants. They also must have a vest, issued by our agency, or one of their own (if prev. or former police). Also, NO DO NOT CARRY ANY WEAPONS (knives, guns (unless current police), batons, etc)
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Khaki pants and a polo shirt with appropriate shoes should be fine. Like stated above, no guns. A legal knife should be fine, just keep it in your pocket.

Comment

I have gone on 4 ride alongs ( with different agencies). Only on one did they have me wear something other than street clothes. Also, they have never had me wear a vest. I guess is not normal.

Comment

Make sure you have clean underwear in case there's an accident.

And no pumps. Wear flats.
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I would wear khakis and a polo shirt. Just look decent, most people WILL think you are the police too, so be prepared and have fun. It may also be a good idea to bring a pocket sized notepad and a pen.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4451 users online. 260 members and 4191 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X