300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My polygraph examiner

I just came from a polygraph examination. I took one last year with the local county agency and one question showed deception, it was have I ever been in a gang. I was never in a gang, nor did I get DQ'd, but I was placed on the eligibility list and it has since expired (My oral score was not high at all, about a 81 or something like that). Today I took another one for a city department. I was grilled by the polygraph examiner for knowing too many people who have committed crimes and she said she found it funny that I was never involved in any of these crimes (One was my younger brother, one was a first cousin, one was my brother's dad who I don't talk to at all). However, as I explained to her, I grew up in an under privileged neighborhood, and 90% of the people have been arrested. Anyways she asked me about illegal drug use, I told her I never used an illegal drug in my life, and she asked me, "Why haven't you used an illegal drug?" Which I thought to be the stupidest question, my first initial response was going to be, "Should I have used one?" or "Why should I have used one?" I instead opted for the higher road and just explained to her how I was never peer pressured into using it. However, during the actual examination when I was hooked up to the machine, one question she said "worried" her, which was "Have I ever abused a romantic partner or girlfriend?" I have never even considered raising a hand to a girlfriend of mine, I have never pushed one away for hitting me, I have never grabbed one by an arm or any of that. Should I call my background investigator and offer him a list with numbers of all my ex girlfriends/current girlfriend so that he can verify my response or should I wait it out and hope he doesn't DQ me?

Also, not to mention the gang question was passed this time around. Also, the question "Did you in anyway lie during this examination?" came back showing I told the truth. So being told I lied during a question about abusing a romantic partner but told the truth during the did I lie at all period is kind of contradictory.

Comment

I had some similar questions, and got a few "signs of deception" questions after it was done. Also on things that I have never done. The one I got grilled on the most was "Have you ever committed insurance fraud?" I haven't and responded "no," but we had quite the little discussion on that.
      Another was whether or not I'd ever sold drugs...another "no" from me drew questions.

I don't know if they see something or if they just pick a few things to grill you on to see if you change your story. I also got the "abuse" question, and I think I hit on that one, too, but mine was more generalized. Spanking your kid can lead to feelings of guilt, which might make you think on some level that you should answer yes....

It's tough, figuring those tests out. I know without a doubt I was being honest, but then they come back and try to get you doubt your own answers.
      "All that is, ever
      Ever was, will be, ever
      Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Some departments will tell you that you had a deception, even if you didn't, to see if you will try to go back and change your story... I supposedly had two with my communications polygraph... and the questions had no relation to me what so ever, I was 100% honest so of coarse I stuck with the truth and was hired =-) Also every officer that I have spoken to with my department has confirmed this, they too were told they were lying when they were not. They stuck to the truth and now are successfully officers =-)
        Virginia Beach Police Dept. (First choice)

05-2-09 Applied

09-17-09 Written/Physical/B-Pad

Hanover County Sheriff’s Dept.

01-13-09 Applied

Hiring freeze for two years??

sigpic

Comment

My main question to everyone is should I call my BI and offer up the females name and phone numbers, in order for him to get in touch with them, or should I wait to hear back from him?

Comment

Originally posted by MurQuiGra View Post
            My main question to everyone is should I call my BI and offer up the females name and phone numbers, in order for him to get in touch with them, or should I wait to hear back from him?
            At the end of the day, nothing I can offer will change the results of your Polygraph exam. Keep in mind that the decision whether or not to hire, seldom if ever is made by the BI or the Polygraph Examiner. They simply report the results of their respective investigations/exams to someone higher up in the food chain. The decision to contact your BI is yours to make. It might not hurt to touch base with him/her concerning the name/number you mentioned. See what he thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
              At the end of the day, nothing I can offer will change the results of your Polygraph exam. Keep in mind that the decision whether or not to hire, seldom if ever is made by the BI or the Polygraph Examiner. They simply report the results of their respective investigations/exams to someone higher up in the food chain. The decision to contact your BI is yours to make. It might not hurt to touch base with him/her concerning the name/number you mentioned. See what he thinks.
              Thanks. I appreciate it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3663 users online. 139 members and 3524 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X