Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What should I do?

    I take the police recruit test on Saturday. I was wondering is there anything I should wear? It did not say anything about what to wear. Also, there was nothing about a PAT. Any advice would help.
    "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what your doing, you will be successful"

    "We're all going to screw up. But life is about how you come back from it, how you learn from it and how you use it to make yourself a better, stronger person."

  • #2
    Wear proper business attire, preferably something conservative in a neutral color. Better to be over dressed, than under dressed. Some agencies in CA. administer the PAT on the same day as the written. It wouldn't hurt to bring PT clothes just in case.
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson
    ______________________


    ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
      Wear proper business attire, preferably something conservative in a neutral color. Better to be over dressed, than under dressed. Some agencies in CA. administer the PAT on the same day as the written. It wouldn't hurt to bring PT clothes just in case.
      X-2. "Dress for success" is the rule. Definitely bring your PT gear with you, just in case. Good luck.

      Comment


      • #4
        Okay, thank you! One other question, they do not have a PAT. Do I still bring the clothes just in case?
        "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what your doing, you will be successful"

        "We're all going to screw up. But life is about how you come back from it, how you learn from it and how you use it to make yourself a better, stronger person."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MrsG22TX View Post
          I take the police recruit test on Saturday. I was wondering is there anything I should wear?
          Unless you're a really, really hot chick I'd highly recommend wearing clothes.

          Seriously, when in doubt in the pursuit of a police job dress business professional.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MrsG22TX View Post
            Okay, thank you! One other question, they do not have a PAT. Do I still bring the clothes just in case?
            If you know for a fact the PAT won't be given that day, you won't need the gym clothes. Good luck on the test.

            Comment


            • #7
              Usually, you will be told what and when to bring any PT clothes.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

              I Am the Sheepdog.


              "And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
              that we are all that stands between
              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks


              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                They also have Interpersonal Skills Assessment. Can someone please help me out if they know what might be on this test? I know they tape you and have other officers grade it. What is it like?
                "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what your doing, you will be successful"

                "We're all going to screw up. But life is about how you come back from it, how you learn from it and how you use it to make yourself a better, stronger person."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MrsG22TX View Post
                  They also have Interpersonal Skills Assessment. Can someone please help me out if they know what might be on this test? I know they tape you and have other officers grade it. What is it like?
                  Sounds like basic "communications skills". Don't take that lightly, but just be yourself. Put another way, it's an assessment of your basic conversational/social skills.

                  Comment

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 6253 users online. 340 members and 5913 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X