300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asking for a recount

First off, I am not trying to sound pompous or pretentious in this post, just asking for some opinions.

I received a letter saying that I did not pass an oral board in the mail today. I am concerned that there could be a mix up and I want to get it straightened out. So far, in my pursuit to be an officer I have taken 3 oral boards (and 1 firefighter oral board). I was also in the military and did countless Soldier of the Month boards as well as promotion boards. I am very comfortable at boards and have never not passed an oral board. I have never even scored in the bottom half of scores (when rankings where given).

So the letter that I got, not only did I not pass, I did not even come close.

There were a lot of people at the oral board, and names can get switched up, I am sure. Maybe some numbers got inverted, maybe someone's addition was off or maybe I just sucked it up that day. I came out of there very comfortable and was sure I did an awesome job.

Is there anyway to ask the civil service commission to double check my score and names? Does a FOIA cover this? Am I just sounding to whiney? Has anyone ever encountered this?

Any advice? Thanks.

Originally posted by finfanfromWA View Post
    Am I just sounding to whiney?
    Yes

Comment

Originally posted by finfanfromWA View Post
      First off, I am not trying to sound pompous or pretentious in this post, just asking for some opinions.

I received a letter saying that I did not pass an oral board in the mail today. I am concerned that there could be a mix up and I want to get it straightened out. So far, in my pursuit to be an officer I have taken 3 oral boards (and 1 firefighter oral board). I was also in the military and did countless Soldier of the Month boards as well as promotion boards. I am very comfortable at boards and have never not passed an oral board. I have never even scored in the bottom half of scores (when rankings where given).

So the letter that I got, not only did I not pass, I did not even come close.

There were a lot of people at the oral board, and names can get switched up, I am sure. Maybe some numbers got inverted, maybe someone's addition was off or maybe I just sucked it up that day. I came out of there very comfortable and was sure I did an awesome job.

Is there anyway to ask the civil service commission to double check my score and names? Does a FOIA cover this? Am I just sounding to whiney? Has anyone ever encountered this?

Any advice? Thanks.
      Well, you could ask, and I suppose the worst thing the department can say is "No". My personal sense is that boards seldom if ever make the type of error you're referencing. Taking nothing away from your past performance in front of Oral Boards, it's very possible this is the one you failed. It's equally possible, you'll ace the next board your appear before. Hope things work out for you.

Comment

I would just move on.

Comment

Apply somewhere else, there could be a million reasons why you failed and they will never tell you the real one.
          You do not greet death, you punch him repeatedly in the throat until he drags you away...

Comment

Originally posted by PigsdoFly View Post
            Apply somewhere else, there could be a million reasons why you failed and they will never tell you the real one.
            +1
            “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
            ― Henry Ford

Comment

ok.

Thanks everyone. I guess I will just move on. I have another board tomorrow anyways.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6309 users online. 332 members and 5977 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X