300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BI surprise visit to home

My BI made a surprise visit to my home last night. It was good to see him because he brought great news. He told me I was number 1 on the list for his department. They are hiring 2 people so, it seems like its my job to lose. While he was here, he interviewed my wife and my neighbors. He also looked around my entire house. Didn't "search" really anything, just looked around the entire house. What exactly would he be looking for or looking at? I'm really comfortable and am hiding nothing, but I was just curious.
    He's a really great guy and the department is great, he really makes me feel like i'm part of the department already. The best thing was that my wife liked him and was very impressed by the department and his professionalism.
    ...but to live outside the law, you must be honest. -Bob Dylan

No clue. Maybe just seeing if the place was orderly or messy, mold in the corners, nudes on the walls. I never have gone to a residence other than to speak to the people there. I check out the place as I walk in and during my interview but I never go all over, just sit and talk.
    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

I am not a backgrounder, but I had 4 backgrounds done with 4 different departments through out my career. They just want to get a feel for how you live. You can tell a lot about a person on how someone lives. It is a good sign they actually come out and visit you. Doesn't sound like you have much to worry about.

The last background I had was a few months ago for a department 1,500 miles away. I am being hired as a lateral. My B.I. even rode with me for about 2 hours.

Good luck in the job search

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
        No clue. Maybe just seeing if the place was orderly or messy, mold in the corners, nudes on the walls. I never have gone to a residence other than to speak to the people there. I check out the place as I walk in and during my interview but I never go all over, just sit and talk.
        Yes, that's a good point. After I put the question on here, it made me think a little more about it. You CAN tell alot about a person by seeing how they live.
        ...but to live outside the law, you must be honest. -Bob Dylan

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7739 users online. 391 members and 7348 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X