NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Any departments rank candidates based on physical test?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprinter124
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2008

Any departments rank candidates based on physical test?

Does anyone know of any departments mainly in the midwest or northeast states that do not score the physical/agility portion pass fail and add those results to your written/oral exam? Basically are their any that let you push yourself pass the mininum and reward you for that?
  • luckydog
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2006

so you want to be hired on physical ability only? all agencies i know of require you to do well in each part of the hiring process, with physical abilities being just one part of it.

Comment

• sprinter124
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2008

I figured someone would take it like that. Not sure you read or understood the question but I guess I wasnt clear enough, my bad... No im not trying to get hired on physical ability alone, im asking if there are departments who combine physical results along with the written or other forms of testing, because so far all I seen is all physical test are pass fail. The one department I did test with I scored in the top percent which was ranked from the oral exam alone. Im not sure but i think i saw that the FBI ranks you with how you test physically.

Comment

• bluemonkey712
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2007

I am from the Northeast, and I have taken several agility, written, and oral board tests. The agility has always been pass fail. Each of the final scores I have received have been based upon the written and or oral board. For one department, I ran the 1.5 mile run in 9:50 (had 12:25 to do it in I think) and I got no extra points.

Comment

• TheKansan
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2008

I've applied at many departments as well and all of them have a physical abilities test that is pass/fail. Keep in mind the physical abilities test at most departments here is an obstacle course, so it's harder to judge actual physical ability based on that test.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• PhilipCal
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2004

In Alabama, the Physical Agility Test is mandated by Alabama POST. It's a pass/fail, and NOT added to an applicant's overall score.

Comment

• Owen G
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2007

I think Iowa may give some extra points for exceeding the standard.

Comment

• ray8285
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2007

We rank you and it goes along with your oral's. We base the score on percentile.
                A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

• fishAK
                  Midnight sun worshipper
                  • Jan 2008

Most, if not all, Washington state agencies score the PT, written, and oral. Then they add it all up for your final score, and that determines where you rank. So yes, you get a better score if you run faster then others, to an extent. They also have a cut-off, so if you run the 1.5 mile in 9 minutes you'll get the same score as someone who does it in 13.5 minutes.
                  "All that is, ever
                  Ever was, will be, ever
                  Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

• dboenish
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2008

Iowa State Patrol "likes" really fit guys. I applied to both Cedar Rapids Police and IA State Patrol.....CRPD they stopped us at the minimum, while State Patrol was looking for your MAXIMUM in all tests.

I think the State Patrol wants really tough guys because the Troopers are usually working solo.

You can really see a difference in the people each agency hires too. Patrol are, in general, bigger buffer guys.
                    Cedar Rapids, IA Police Dept

Comment

• Laker246
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2006

the chicks

Originally posted by dboenish
                      Iowa State Patrol "likes" really fit guys. I applied to both Cedar Rapids Police and IA State Patrol.....CRPD they stopped us at the minimum, while State Patrol was looking for your MAXIMUM in all tests.

I think the State Patrol wants really tough guys because the Troopers are usually working solo.

You can really see a difference in the people each agency hires too. Patrol are, in general, bigger buffer guys.
                      I agree, except for the chicks the gov't makes them hire!
                      "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered,
                      those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.
                      Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20720 users online. 67 members and 20653 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...