300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background question (ex-job)

Hello i'm new and just started thinking about a career in law enforcement. My question is about 3 years ago i had a part time job in as a pharmacy tech and I was fired for THEFT. But i didnt steal anyting what happened was i took $10 out of the register and gave it to my manager for lunch then about 5mins later walked up to the atm got money out and put it back in the register. everyone in the pharmacy did this even my manager. A loss prevention agent was in the store and saw me do this all and i was fired EVEN THOUGH the register at the end of the night wasnt missing any money.

My question is can i kiss being a Police Officer good bye ?? even if my Pharmacy manager will back me up (as a reference).

I have a super clean background besides this incident. I've only had 1 traffic ticket, never done drugs never been arrested.
    Last edited by uglylineman; 04-02-2008, 12:23 AM. Reason: grammer

Disclose all and let the chips fall where they may. It is going to be scrutinized, but it's not necessarily going to DQ you.

Comment

I think you may be in a bind on this one. The first question a BI is going to ask is, if this was an established past practice in your store, why didn't your manager and other staff say so and prevent you from being fired?

Will your manager and other staff back you up and tell your BI that you were specifically allowed to do this? I think you see the conflict here, saying you were fired by management for doing exactly what management authorized you to do.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        I think you may be in a bind on this one. The first question a BI is going to ask is, if this was an established past practice in your store, why didn't your manager and other staff say so and prevent you from being fired?

Will your manager and other staff back you up and tell your BI that you were specifically allowed to do this? I think you see the conflict here, saying you were fired by management for doing exactly what management authorized you to do.
        The pharmacy manager (my boss) and store manager tried to help me and pushed for me just to get written up not fired but loss prevention said no he needs to be fired. So i got fired and my pharmacy manager got written up also for cash handling violation cuz he told the loss prevention guy he has done it to. CVS pharmacy felt a pharmacy tech can be replaced the next day and a pharmacist can't.

Comment

Originally posted by uglylineman View Post
          The pharmacy manager (my boss) and store manager tried to help me and pushed for me just to get written up not fired but loss prevention said no he needs to be fired. So i got fired and my pharmacy manager got written up also for cash handling violation cuz he told the loss prevention guy he has done it to. CVS pharmacy felt a pharmacy tech can be replaced the next day and a pharmacist can't.
          The issue seems to be,that as far as the company is concerned, you were fired for Theft. That fact is an issue in any Background Investigation,even if you were not arrested and charged. At the very least, what you guys were doing wasn't a really good business practice. Okay, if you apply, and your situation gets as far as a Background interview, I would avoid mentioning the disparity in the action taken against the Manager and yourself. Your feelings are understandable,but in the end, you play the hand you're dealt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10537 users online. 502 members and 10035 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X