300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why does it take so long?

I wonder if anyone has or had the same problem. I am in the process with LASD. The BI was completed and file kicked up for approval (or disapproval) on December 5, 2007. I hear nothing since. Calling them every Monday and get the same reply: too many applicants, just wait. Has anyone had to wait that long for a decision (4 months or more)?

Only 4 months and you're complaining? It's government my friend... it takes a long time. Don't call every Monday, it's a good way to go from "maybe" to "annoying no thanks"

Comment

LOL I would NOT call every week like you did. I can see every two months or so if you have not heard from them. It is not uncommon practice for backgrounds to take six months to two years. Please be patient so they wont put your background packet at the bottom of the pile.

Comment

While I totally understand your anxiety, I agree fully with the replies you've recieved. Background Investigators, typically have multiple cases to work on. It's very normal for you to focus on your application alone,and as I said, I understand that. But, try to keep in mind that there are numerous applicants out there, all competing for the attention of some very busy Officers. I don't know that weekly calls to Personnel is the way to go. Hard as it might be, give the process some time. Waiting is something that's built into the system. Good luck in the process.

Comment

A couple of questions come to mind. What is your position on the hiring list and where are they now when it come to hiring? If you are number 422 on the list and the last person they hired was number 300, they have to hire 121 more people before they get to you.

You need to find out how far they have gone down the list, where you are on the list, what the life if the list is, and how many people they anticipate hiring each year during the life of the list. That will give you a ballpark idea of when your time will come.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Took me 12 months to get hired for my first LEO gig and 23 months for the second one. Also, the painful truth is no news is usually good news. Good luck bro.

Comment

something is happenning!

Well, after a long long wait, my BI called me and said that my file was kicked down back to him because I am missing one document (my divorce certificate from 1995). I got the certificate to him and he said that I should hear something on medical and psych within a few weeks. I would guess that everything else with the file was OK and the process is about to be completed. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5213 users online. 332 members and 4881 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X