300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP Training?

I am going on the 24th to take GSP (Georgia State Patrol) Writen Exam and I just have a couple of questions.

1. What is training like i.e. Housing,classes,Physical Requirements??

2. The training school is 33 weeks right? Are you allowed to leave any or have visitor's?

Thanks,
    -Nathan

Originally posted by nvineyard View Post
    I am going on the 24th to take GSP (Georgia State Patrol) Writen Exam and I just have a couple of questions.

1. What is training like i.e. Housing,classes,Physical Requirements??

2. The training school is 33 weeks right? Are you allowed to leave any or have visitor's?

Thanks,
    -Nathan
    Nathan, all the information you requested should be on the GSP website. You can access it through Officer.com. In a very general sense, and should you make it through the hiring process, you can expect a very military style Academy. You will live in Barracks, or Barracks Rooms. There will be frequent inspections of your quarters. Your physical and academic requirements will be intense. If you're not in decent physical shape at present, I suggest you get to work. Strength is important, and so is endurance. You will need to run and jog. It will be a part of your daily routine. Runs of three to five miles in length, or longer are the norm. As part of the hiring process, you'll no doubt be required to pass a basic Physical Agility Test. Learn the specifics of this test so you can prepare for it. Keep in mind, that this is the minimum you must do. In your academics, you fall behind at your own risk. Should you fall behind, catching up can be difficult if not impossible. Turn in all assignments and projects on time. Weekends off are generally a priviledge. Make up your mind early on to dedicate yourself to the mission of successfully completing the Academy. Your personal and family life, will of neccessity, be placed on hold. Again, these are just general thoughts,and will pertain to just about any military style Academy. Good luck.

Comment

He hit the nail on the head. I'm in the 85th Trooper school right now. This is the second weekend we had gotten to come home. The first 4 weeks will be spent at the training center with no weekend leave. The PT test you will have to take to get into trooper school is no comparison to what you will be required to do everyday! Prepare physically and mental as much as possible!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12397 users online. 467 members and 11930 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X