Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little unusual job release...

Hello,

When I was 14 (which is the minimum legal age to work in California), I was hired at a local shop. However, about three hours into my very first shift I was chit chatting with my shift supervisor. He asked me how old I was, I told him 14, and about 15 minutes later he comes back out and says I can't work there anymore. He told me it was a mistake I was hired because they don't hire under 16. They let me go on the spot because of that mistake. I only held that job for about 3 hours and 15 minutes. I did not get another job until 15 and a half. Now, a few years later, I still have the same job and am doing very well, promotions, raises, good reviews, the whole bit. Technically, I have had two jobs: the 3.5 hour one and this later one.

My question is how the 3.5 hour job will affect me when I apply for a police officer position. It wasn't my fault; they made the mistake of hiring me at such a young age. But what do I put down? Was I terminated, or I "voluntarily quit" or what? Does it look bad? I also fear that because it is so unusual, a background investigator might not believe me, despite that being the 100% honest truth. Is it all that unusual? Overall, what are your thoughts on how this will affect me, if at all?

Thanks!

Wow!! A 3.5 hr job!! I'm not laughing at you,believe me. Stranger things have happened. Just to cover all the bases, list it,and the circumstances you mentioned here. It won't be a problem!!

Comment

It's no big deal. Just list it as a mutual separation as opposed to a termination and explain the circumstances. It won't affect your background.
      Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
      http://www.policebackground.net
      Facebook page: The Police Applicant Group (North America)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3507 users online. 200 members and 3307 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X