yet another question about polygraphs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another question about polygraphs

My poly is scheduled for 1300 on a wednesday and I have to work 1800-0600 the night before. Obviously I will not be able to sleep before the polygraph so my question is, will being really tired have an effect on my readings? Also is it true that you aren't supposed to have any caffiene before the test? I don't want anything screwing this up.

Thanks in advance
    “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
    ― Henry Ford

the polygrapher will resked your appointment. They will ask you how much sleep you have had. In California, you need to have a good nights sleep before the exam.

Comment

they let me take mine on 6hrs and i passed. as far as caffine, not sure, just dont go have a 6 pack of mountain dew before you go to the interview. i guess a cup of coffee or one can of soda will be ok. if you are jittery, i am sure they might pick up on that as being nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
        My poly is scheduled for 1300 on a wednesday and I have to work 1800-0600 the night before. Obviously I will not be able to sleep before the polygraph so my question is, will being really tired have an effect on my readings? Also is it true that you aren't supposed to have any caffiene before the test? I don't want anything screwing this up.

Thanks in advance
        My knowledge of the technical aspects of Polygraphs is pretty limited. However, most Examiners will recommend you be adequately rested prior to taking the exam. In fairness to the candidate, some Examiners may even refuse to administer the exam if the candidate is not properly rested. In your situation, if you can't ligitimately take the night off, you should ask that the exam be rescheduled. You want to have everything going for you that you can, in all phases of a process. The Polygraph Exam is no exception.

Comment

its funny how some departments sware by the polygraph but if you do X you will fail and if you do Y you will fail and if you move a millimeter you will fail.

Comment

Don't stress over the sleep factor too much. I had a poly Monday morning at -0700 with only 5 hrs sleep the night before (young kids, etc.). I did just fine.

Comment

The polygrapher should ask you a series of health-related questions before hooking you up, which will give you the opportunity to tell him how much/little sleep you had the night before and any other physical ailments you are suffering. He will also ask you what you've had to eat that day, which will let you tell him about the caffeine. Like the others said, I think you'll be okay with a cup of coffee and a few hours sleep, but I guess it's up to the polygrapher to determine what an acceptable amount of rest is. Good luck.
              Aggression will save you when caution won't.
              -Kent Anderson

Comment

thanks for all the responses, I got my shift covered for the night before the test so I can be well rested. At this point I am not taking any chances!
                “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
                ― Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
                  thanks for all the responses, I got my shift covered for the night before the test so I can be well rested. At this point I am not taking any chances!
                  How do we know that you're telling the truth?

Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5099 users online. 234 members and 4865 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                  X