Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal History Question...

Hi,

I was wondering if one department can share the information you put on your personal history statement with another department. I was told they couldn't by an administrator at a test prep class.

-Rich

Generally speaking, personnel documents, including personal history statements, are confidential and may not be released without your consent. However, when you apply with another department you will sign confidentiality waivers (just like you did with the first one) giving them access to just about everything pertaining to your life, including personnel, insurance and medical records, just to name a few. It is through those waivers (i.e., with your consent) that access can be gained to previous personal history statements.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      However, when you apply with another department you will sign confidentiality waivers (just like you did with the first one) giving them access to just about everything pertaining to your life, including personnel, insurance and medical records, just to name a few. It is through those waivers (i.e., with your consent) that access can be gained to previous personal history statements.
      What he said....

Our apps had a section that wanted to know all the other agencies you applied with....when....and the status of your app.... I would call and get info as needed...and compare as needed.....

Never had a problem because the applicant had signed the waiver forms.......

And yes...I caught a couple of folks in lies because they had put stuff down on one application....and not on ours.....and I got the copy of the other one.....

Comment

It's just that I want to make sure that I remember to put everything down that I put on the first one. It was over 3 years ago when I applied to the one agency and was DQ'd.

Comment

Make copies before you submit your forms.

I ment to do that when I submitted my app to my current department. Fortunately it turned out that I didn't need to copy it.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
          8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Well, the way Balt. Co. does it, you can't make copies. They give it to you right after you take the written test. You can't leave the building with it.

Comment

The answer is yes and they do.
              Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
              http://www.policebackground.net

Comment

I think that it varys by department. It seems that many of the departments have their own standard and I would guess it has to do with liability and such.

I know that NYPD does not release any background or hiring information, only that you applied and how far you got in the process.

My department only allows other departments to look at records for hiring purposes only if you sign a waiver and then they have the physically come to the department, sign out the file, review it, make whatever copys they want and then sign it back in.

I am applying for a department out west and the only way they can see my p-file is if they come to the department or I pull it and make copies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8141 users online. 441 members and 7700 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X