300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Background Investigators

Quick question. As everyone who strives to get in law enforcement I do not have a perfect background. I made a decision when I was 18 yo to go along with a act of prostitution at a strip club. I am now 21. I understand that because of this one act my hopes and dreams could be wiped away. My question is this why is this act so serious? I understand it was wrong and wish everyday that I did not go along with it. Saying that, I wouldnt say that it is worse than driving drunk, stealing, doing drugs or committing a low assault. Doing research through these pages it seems there is leniency for these what I just mentioned but one act of prostitution is out of the question. Where there is no victim, no one injured and is legal in most of the world and parts of the USA. I am not looking for sympathy or a wise remark I just want to know why it is looked at so seriously?

Thanksyou

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you decided to "go along" with an act of prostitution. Did you charge someone money to have sex with them, did you pay someone to have sex with you, or is there a third option here?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

to go along with = I assume something was offered by a worker at the club for a certain extra fee and you "went along with it", kind of like folks who are offered drugs and just say yes. The problem is not really the violation of law, specifically, rather your choices and your choice and decision making abilities.

It all depends on what the actual situation was....what you've offered up here is (of course) your admittance to it, but not the complete story. It would be up to the individual dept. and BI to say if that one act was enough to be a problem...you may be up against someone who has the same education and experience as you, but did not "go along" with someone's offer, they would more than likely get the job.

That act doesn't shatter all hopes, it just makes them harder. Life is full of choices we make, and the consequences to those choices...this is now a consequence, making it harder to get a job in LE.

Be honest and complete and see what happens....life ain't over.

And as to your first statement, while nobody is perfect, there ARE a lot of LE applicants with a "perfect record". So your statement that "everyone" in LE has an imperfect record is not completely true, while I understand what you meant.
      Last edited by Riverfuzz50; 07-30-2007, 10:54 PM. Reason: spelling - this stupid new computer keyboard is too small for my big hands to type proper!!!
      Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of All who Threaten it...

Comment

Full story

Well the full story is I went to a strip club in Canada with my friends when I was 18. I was the only virgin of the group. This place had girls walking around asking guys if they wanted a blow job. I did not ask for anything. My friends start gathering around me and a stripper comes up doing what strippers do and try to make money. I see my friends making a pile of cash together and ask me if I got $20. I gave it to them not really questioning what it was for. Then other people in the bar starting throwing money in to buy me oral sex. I quickly realized what was going on. Peer pressure got the best of me and I went into the backroom with the stripper. She performed her act and I quickly stopped her because I did not feel comforatable. The reason I said went along with the act because I never really had the intention. I take full responsibility, could've and should've thought of somethig to get me out of the situation.

Comment

In my experience....it depends on the agency.....

Some are hard-core and want folks that are clean 100%.....others will let minor stuff (like banging a hooker) go....just depends on what you have done since then.....

Do you have good credit, do you have good job references, have you gotten education and your buddies aren't going to rat you out for lying/cheating during college....?

It just all depends.....

If you get turned down by one agency....there are 1000s out there that might take you. It might mean that you may have to move....or take less money when you start.....but if you truly want to be a LEO....you will accept those challenges and make it.....

Just my .02 cents....

Comment

Dude unless the Canadian Mounties stormed the place and u got arrested for it, I wouldn't even admit that...

Comment

If I was your BI and you offered up this tidbit to me without it ending that you got arrested, I would think that one of the other guys sent you to me as a joke. Agencies are looking for people with good backgrounds, but if you had a dream involving Hillory Clinton and a bathtub full of melted Hershey Kisses, I don't think most would care to hear it. I know I wouldn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
                Dude unless the Canadian Mounties stormed the place and u got arrested for it, I wouldn't even admit that...
                Riiiiiiight - I won't advise you to ever leave anything out of a BI...if for whatever reason (like - one of your buddies tells the BI about it, it has happened) then your really out of the game.

This sounds like a one time deal, and if so you don't show a history of it...and as stated before, nobody is perfect. Be honest, let them know this was your one bad thing, that you've learned from it and moved on. As also stated above, some dept or particular BI might get their undies in a snag over it, but don't worry. At least with me I am just looking for a pattern of choices made, not isolated problems...

Good luck, just be honest. You'll get there. Sorry you had to cut the deal short though what with everyone pitching in for it....sorry I couldn't resist

Oh, and it sounds like Chicago would take you anyway HAHA!! couldn't resist!!
                Last edited by Riverfuzz50; 07-31-2007, 05:30 PM. Reason: add a dig to ChiTownDet!!!!

Comment

Just throwing this out there but, prostitution is legal in Canada. So he really didn't commit a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverfuzz50 View Post
                    And as to your first statement, while nobody is perfect, there ARE a lot of LE applicants with a "perfect record". So your statement that "everyone" in LE has an imperfect record is not completely true, while I understand what you meant.
                    No ones perfect, They just haven't been caught. Let me guess, Theres only a small few that smoke cigarettes also? Something just as addictive as street drugs.(One of the leading causes of death)

And im betting almost none drink beer?(One of the leading causes of death)

Divorce rate is high in LE, Wich causes stress, And stress could effect your duties.

All you did was have oral SEX performed on you, Wich is natural, And prostitution has been around since before Jesus!
                    Last edited by Marshal_Law; 08-01-2007, 02:28 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by Marshal_Law View Post
                      No ones perfect, They just haven't been caught. Let me guess, Theres only a small few that smoke cigarettes also? Something just as addictive as street drugs.(One of the leading causes of death)

And im betting almost none drink beer?(One of the leading causes of death)

Divorce rate is high in LE, Wich causes stress, And stress could effect your duties.

All you did was have oral SEX performed on you, Wich is natural, And prostitution has been around since before Jesus!
                      Wow, let me guess, you don't smoke cigarettes or drink beer?? Maybe you should try it sometime, it might relax you a bit
                      You just restated what I said, while there isn't a perfect person, there are people with perfect records.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12208 users online. 456 members and 11752 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X