300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Uniformed/Enforcement Positions

With all of the negativity surrounding law enforcement these days, and the restrictions that some departments operate under, I was just curious, what do you think the best non-uniformed or enforcement position would be for someone to get into if they are still interested in being in the overall LE/public safety/criminal justice field.

Crime Analyst? Civilian/Regulatory Investigator? Cybersecurity/Forensics? Community Service Officer? Something else?

Totally different personality types,……..

Comment

Originally posted by vc859 View Post
      With all of the negativity surrounding law enforcement these days, and the restrictions that some departments operate under, I was just curious, what do you think the best non-uniformed or enforcement position would be for someone to get into if they are still interested in being in the overall LE/public safety/criminal justice field.

Crime Analyst? Civilian/Regulatory Investigator? Cybersecurity/Forensics? Community Service Officer? Something else?
      Have no idea. This is Officer.com, not Office.com.

Comment

What I think may be best and what you think may be best are two different things. The vast majority of uniformed officers don't spend much time interacting with plainclothes people. A number of positions require a 4 year degree. You have the usual fed agencies, prosecutor's investigators, coroners investigators, some departments use civilians as evidence techs and evidence room management, you already mentioned analysis. There is also probation or parole. Courts employ civilians to do presentence investigations. Victim/witness advocates. Many years ago I spoke with a guy who was an investigator with my state's Dept. of Agriculture. He said it was the best kept secret in law enforcement.

Comment

Agreed, once you’re actually in LE, you become aware of many more different smaller agencies that you had NO idea existed, many local to you, lol!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4076 users online. 247 members and 3829 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X