300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My references not giving additional references to the BI

I'm currently in backgrounds for a agency I just had my interview with the investigator. One thing he commented on was that was really strange was almost all of my references that I listed did not give additional references. They pretty much told my BI that I mainly keep to myself and that I don't really know a big group of people or hangout with anyone. I explained to my BI that its true, I don't hangout with anyone other than a couple or so friends. I found it difficult to list 10 personal references because I don't know that many people that know me that well. Will my BI look as this as a problem?

Originally posted by Blue_Stone View Post
    I'm currently in backgrounds for a agency I just had my interview with the investigator. One thing he commented on was that was really strange was almost all of my references that I listed did not give additional references. They pretty much told my BI that I mainly keep to myself and that I don't really know a big group of people or hangout with anyone. I explained to my BI that its true, I don't hangout with anyone other than a couple or so friends. I found it difficult to list 10 personal references because I don't know that many people that know me that well. Will my BI look as this as a problem?
    Saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Stone View Post
      Paragraphs, dude...paragraphs...

Comment

BI's encounter this alot. Just explain to them as you did here. Good luck.

Comment

It is what it is,……..

Good luck!

Comment

You have no control over what your references are willing to say to the investigators. You gave the agency the information you were asked for.
            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Outside my wife and kids, there's maybe 4 people in my life I talk to on a regular basis and know me well. I've been through a few backgrounds and they all wanted a bunch of references, it is what it is. I scraped the bottom of the barrel filling those forms out. I'm not a socialite. Maybe it's more work for the investigator and there are rules when it comes to how many people they need to talk to in order to complete your background.

Most good BI's know when they have a good candidate. Answer the best you can but at the end of the day certain things are out of your control.

​​

​​​​​

Comment

• Zeitgeist1
                Zeitgeist1 commented
                Editing a comment
                So much this ^^^^^ +1000

• NolaT
                NolaT commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed ^^^^^

• Iowa #1603
                Iowa #1603 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep It is what it is

I did backgrounds in the early '90s, and I have to wonder if things are a little different these days, as it has become "normal" to have psuedo-relationships with countless people on social media, that you do not actually interact with face to face on a regular basis, if at all.

Like many cops, I am not a social butterfly. I value my privacy and my time with my immediate family. I don't go out a lot. Now that I'm retired, I don't even spend a lot of time with cops anymore. Church is probably where I interact with the most people, but that's just a few times a week typically.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
                Iowa #1603 commented
                Editing a comment
                Most cops really don't like people !

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4915 users online. 285 members and 4630 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X