300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Senate Bill-960 California allowing Non-U.S. Citizen applicants

Is anyone familiar with the newly introduced California Senate Bill-960 currently being finalized? SB-960 will effectively remove the current U.S. residency requirements for applicants who are "legally authorized to work in the United States."

So anyone on a valid work visa, students authorized to work, or of course, Green Card holders.

Although it hasn't finalized, I would assume it'll be signed and take effect over the coming months.

Wondering if any of the recruiting units at various California LE agencies are taking this into consideration and clarifying guidelines for future applicants.

Not seeing the problem. Legal residents are legal residents.

Colorado has allowed legal residents to apply for years. It’s up to individual agencies, some allow non citizens some don’t.

I know several state troopers who are UK citizens.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by FedLEOnorth View Post
      Is anyone familiar with the newly introduced California Senate Bill-960 currently being finalized? SB-960 will effectively remove the current U.S. residency requirements for applicants who are "legally authorized to work in the United States."

So anyone on a valid work visa, students authorized to work, or of course, Green Card holders.

Although it hasn't finalized, I would assume it'll be signed and take effect over the coming months.

Wondering if any of the recruiting units at various California LE agencies are taking this into consideration and clarifying guidelines for future applicants.
      Be legally authorized to work is a very loooooooooose meaning. There are hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens currently in removal proceedings that have obtained employment authorization documents while their case is pending. These documents are usually granted for a 1 or 2 year period. Aside from that point employing aliens and recent arriving aliens and more specifically illegal aliens would be a nightmare for a background investigator. We have no clue about their background and in many cases true identity.

California gets crazier by the day.
      “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
      DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

We should just swear in all MS13 members. I mean, they understand policing and guns…

Comment

The bill has passed. So we'll see how police departments will work it into their recruitment process. Assume will be similar to states already having this legislation like Hawaii, Colorado, etc.

Comment

CA agencies have been hiring green card holders for years.

Comment

I don't have the answer, but something needs to be done, given the shortage of LEOs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4913 users online. 246 members and 4667 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X