Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilian Panel

Hello,
    I have been in the hiring process for a large department in my area for a little over a year now, and I have passed everything thus far (Interview, Exam, Background, Polygraph, Medical, etc.). Recently, I was told congratulations and I was one of 25 to complete everything. However, yesterday I had to go in front of the civilian board which is new to the department this year. This panel consists of community leaders from around the area and they basically grilled me with questions that do not have a right answer. I felt that this was the worst part of the process and my confidence in this process has gone down. I believe I did well, I was not fidgeting or stumbling over answers and was confident on the outside. At the end I was told good job and my next step would be to meet with the chief. My question to whoever reads this is how much weight does a board like this carry in the hiring process, or is it more of a formality?

In todays understaffed climate, you’ll be fine with the steps that you’ve passed so far; congratulations!

Comment

• Bradf469
      Bradf469 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great to hear, thank you!

Originally posted by Bradf469 View Post
    Hello,
    I have been in the hiring process for a large department in my area for a little over a year now, and I have passed everything thus far (Interview, Exam, Background, Polygraph, Medical, etc.). Recently, I was told congratulations and I was one of 25 to complete everything. However, yesterday I had to go in front of the civilian board which is new to the department this year. This panel consists of community leaders from around the area and they basically grilled me with questions that do not have a right answer. I felt that this was the worst part of the process and my confidence in this process has gone down. I believe I did well, I was not fidgeting or stumbling over answers and was confident on the outside. At the end I was told good job and my next step would be to meet with the chief. My question to whoever reads this is how much weight does a board like this carry in the hiring process, or is it more of a formality?
    Paragraphs, dude...paragraphs...

Comment

• Bradf469
      Bradf469 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, I tried to do paragraphs, it wouldn't let me. I even tried copy and pasting from word.

Hello,
    How much weight this panel has on the hiring process is kinda up to the agency
    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Civilian panel? Will they also make command police decisions via consensus? Will they let uniform cops have a casual Friday? Let Aunt Bea cook meals for the prisoners? On your app, is it: male, female, or binary? What do you most identify as?

Good luck bro. I hope it all works out.

Comment

• Bradf469
        Bradf469 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha thanks appreciate it

If that civilian panel, and nothing else, is is what keeps you out, you don’t want to work there anyway.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Aidokea
        Aidokea commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point.

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
      If that civilian panel, and nothing else, is is what keeps you out, you don’t want to work there anyway.
      Amen to that. Most civilian panels I have heard of are just there to connect to the community or whatever...give them a voice and see what you're all about, but I doubt they carry much of any weight in the actual hiring process.

I can't imagine a legitimate agency passing on you this late in the game because citizen panel member Anita Jones who hasn't paid her rent in 4 months didn't like what you said about LGBQTIA+++ somethin somethin...
      ​​

Comment

Originally posted by clof2001 View Post

Amen to that. Most civilian panels I have heard of are just there to connect to the community or whatever...give them a voice and see what you're all about, but I doubt they carry much of any weight in the actual hiring process.

I can't imagine a legitimate agency passing on you this late in the game because citizen panel member Anita Jones who hasn't paid her rent in 4 months didn't like what you said about LGBQTIA+++ somethin somethin...
        ​​

Agreed, hopefully civilian panels are little more than a community PR project.

You’ll be fine,……keep us updated!

Comment

• Bradf469
          Bradf469 commented
          Editing a comment
          Will do, thanks everyone!

Just wanted to post an update, I got the phone call. I am officially hired. Thanks again for the replies!

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post
            Congratulations!!
            Thank you!

Comment

Just wanted to post an update, I got the phone call. I am officially hired. Thanks again for the replies!
              Congrats!

Next, the same panel who supported your hiring will vote to defund your department.

Comment

• Bradf469
                Bradf469 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! You're not wrong about that.

Congrats.

Don't forget to update your profile.

Comment

• Bradf469
                Bradf469 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, will do once I get a badge.

Good for you.

Comment

Late seeing this - Congratulations ! I’m glad it worked out for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3525 users online. 241 members and 3284 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X