X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aidokea
    replied
    Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

Well, the bullet was in her mind in reality….
    Yeah, but only in passing...

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    Originally posted by NolaT View Post

I bet Vicky White never saw her 11 day freedom romance ending with her shooting herself in the head,……….

I can’t imagine what she was thinking, but it certainly didn’t play out in her mind like it did in reality.
    Well, the bullet was in her mind in reality….

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    DRT.

Justice.

Leave a comment:

• NolaT
    replied
    Originally posted by getthecrit View Post

They do it when they can receive things in return such as a shower after lockdown, staying out later to finish watching a football game, an extra roll of toilet paper when we have it. It’s honestly nothing deeper. I’ve worked DoC before with no issues, but it was an entirely different ball game. Much more strict, very different procedures.
    I bet Vicky White never saw her 11 day freedom romance ending with her shooting herself in the head,……….

I can’t imagine what she was thinking, but it certainly didn’t play out in her mind like it did in reality.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by clof2001 View Post

I get the mutual respect thing but I never tried to build a rapport with an inmate. The only conversations I had with crooks was them asking me for more toothpaste or an extra chow and me telling them no. Everyone gets what they legally are entitled to, nothing more nothing less. I never cared who the mod boss was. That's their problem. I don't live in their world. If an inmate wanted to fight me, so be it, let's fight. But I didn't spend any time buttering them up to keep the peace.

Back in the 1980-2000's one of the prisons in my system "encouraged" the staff to interact with inmates and build rapport with them. They encouraged the officers to play cards and other board type games also. This facility was our intake & evaluation center as well as having a forensic psychiatric unit. At the time the medical director(read psychiatrist ) was the facility superintendent . It now has a warden as the boss.

We had officers transfer to that facility often as it was only 30 miles away. MOST of them quickly came back to our MAX unit.

Personally I had no problem interacting with the convicts. Due to my length of service over 2 different time periods, there were some lifers I knew for nearly 40 yrs. I often would make rounds in the living unit and shoot the BS with them in the rec area, have a cup of coffee with others in the chow hall and even eat at an inmate table if there were no other staff eating when I was.

Later as a Supervisor, those interactions sometimes paid off when doing an investigation or just listening for intelligence. BUT I wasn't a rookie even when I was working as a line officer
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 04-10-2022, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• clof2001
    replied

Your higher ups and supervisors encourage you to build rapport with inmates to mitigate the chances of you or other officers assaulted. No use in being a stone cold dick head and end up getting stabbed. But that doesn’t mean be their best friends and be at their every beck and call either. But I can honestly say there were multiple inmates that would put someone out of a pod for disrespecting me and several other specific officers, because we treated them like human beings. Most of them are in there for drug charges, nothing violent in any way. The inmate I was speaking with specifically was also the one that basically controlled the whole pod. Every inmate in there wouldn’t dare question him. So if I ever needed everyone to lock down because of an emergency, or belligerence, he would make sure it happened.
    I worked in the jails for a few years. If I needed everyone to lock down and they didn't, myself and a group of other deputies went into the unit and WE made sure it happened.

I get the mutual respect thing but I never tried to build a rapport with an inmate. The only conversations I had with crooks was them asking me for more toothpaste or an extra chow and me telling them no. Everyone gets what they legally are entitled to, nothing more nothing less. I never cared who the mod boss was. That's their problem. I don't live in their world. If an inmate wanted to fight me, so be it, let's fight. But I didn't spend any time buttering them up to keep the peace.

The fact that you discussed another inmate's charges and he got checked is 100% on you. Glad you were honest about it at least, but where I worked you'd be fired too. You're lucky he wasn't killed, otherwise you would be selling your house to pay for your legal fees instead of coming on officer.com asking about job prospects.

I'm sorry you feel disrespected about the answers you got on this forum but taking pot shots at the people giving you advice is in poor taste. Thank you for your military service but at this point no one cares. You asked a question and didn't like the response.

To answer your original post, you're going to have a hard time getting hired into a law enforcement job after being fired from a law enforcement job.
    Last edited by clof2001; 04-10-2022, 02:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vdfnco
    commented on 's reply
    As a fellow veteran I can tell you military service and police service are not the same job. I've seen vets who couldn't cut it in law enforcement. I've also seen law enforcement who couldn't cut it in the military. To answer if you'll still get hired, I'd say it depends. The hiring agency will look at the incident and consider if it makes you a liability for them. If they believe their liability is increased to high they won't hire you. If they believe their liability is within a safe range you could be considered. Personally I see it similar to you discussing information of a case with an offender of another case without cause. Not a personal shot just how it came across my computer screen.

• HI629
    replied
    Originally posted by BrianT View Post
    I take it the mod responsible for locking threads is off tonight.
    Haven't seen a thread locked in quite a while.

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied

Ya know what, I quack. I came to this thread originally quacking information to a question that’s been on my quack. I took it to a new quack because I didn’t like what someone had to say. So I genuinely and sincerely quack. If you’ve done this for over 30 years, who am I to quack? While I disagree with the statement that I’m quack, I quack the opinion from an experienced LEO. I’m sorry for taking it 12 steps higher than quack.

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    The inmate I was speaking with specifically was also the one that basically controlled the whole pod. So if I ever needed everyone to lock down because of an emergency, or belligerence, he would make sure it happened.
    Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    commented on 's reply
    Lol.......

• Aidokea
    commented on 's reply
    Bingo.....

• HI629
    commented on 's reply
    OP thought he was cute and wanted to hook up once the inmate got released.

• tanksoldier
    replied

They do it when they can receive things in return such as a shower after lockdown, staying out later to finish watching a football game, an extra roll of toilet paper when we have it. It’s honestly nothing deeper. I’ve worked DoC before with no issues, but it was an entirely different ball game. Much more strict, very different procedures.
    So you’re a duck. Got it.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    I told the jail when they investigated me that I did tell the other inmate his charges, because it was my fault. They asked me “did you ask them to beat that inmate?” And I told them “absolutely not.” But to save themself from a lawsuit (this is the majors own words) “well I think it’s cut and dry. You’re fired. The guy is most likely gonna sue, and when they come to ask us about it, I’m going to let them know that we fired you and washed our hands of it.
    I find it hard to believe the highlighted conversation ever took place. No competent supervisor OR investigator would ever state that in the open. EVEN if that is what the reason was.

As far as the investigator telling you that the inmate dropped a dime on you telling them to assault the sex offender. Yea, so what. Common investigative tactic (taught in schools AND upheld by the US Supreme Court) is to lie to the suspect trying to get more information from them than what the investigator already knows. They either get more information or they don't ......no harm no foul.

I did a lot of IA investigations in a maximum security prison. NOTHING you are accused of is unusual. The outcome of your situation giving YOU the best light and veracity in your story........is common. Get rid of the problem rather than have more.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3249 users online. 224 members and 3025 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X