Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad relation with parents who are trying to ruin my background check. Am I doomed?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tanksoldier
    replied
    What about it doesn’t make sense? I will clear it all up. I don’t know how many different ways I can tell you gentleman that I am not that poster. I keep getting accused of it. You truly have the wrong guy here.
    Its hard to explain if you haven’t experienced it but the pattern of your explanations is... off from what a typical truthful person’s would be.

If you were ever told as a child that everyone is unique and special you were lied to. People are generally very similar in all the ways that matter, tend to do things the same way and fit into a few broad categories. If somebody’s story breaks the pattern most people would follow in a situation, or if it fits the pattern of somebody being deceitful in a situation, it sends up a red flag.

When you spend years listening to explanations from people you get a feel for how most people do things. A truthful person typically isn’t concerned about being believed, so their story is usually short and to the point. It never occurs to them to add detail to make themselves believable.

An untruthful person knows they are being untruthful, and is worried about not being believed, so they embellish.

People come here and tell obvious lies about their experiences with cops and the legal system. Things that couldn’t possibly happen. I don’t know why, perhaps they seek some kind of vindication. Your story isn’t that bad... but if I were a BI I’d be digging in to you. If this were a criminal investigation and you gave a story like that I -would- find out what you’re obfuscating. I’m confident there is something, even if it is inconsequential.

All they are doing is trying to ruin my career but as another poster told me - I shouldn’t worry about it too much because it will be compared toward other people and I have a lot more good references than I have parents.
    Then why are you still here offering explanations and justifications? You aren’t looking for an answer to your question at this point, as you point out yourself you have that, now you’re trying to be right... you’re trying to have your story accepted as truth, which again is often a sign of deceit.

I am not sure why you are being rude in your reply to me when I’m just coming here asking for hiring advice. Way to push people away from this forum.
    Now you’re trying to put yourself in a position of moral superiority over your detractors. You’re looking for exoneration and vindication.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-08-2022, 01:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Doctorhoot
    commented on 's reply
    I am a home owner and I haven’t lived at home in like over a decade. How am i “ feeding off mommy and daddy? “

All they are doing is trying to ruin my career but as another poster told me - I shouldn’t worry about it too much because it will be compared toward other people and I have a lot more good references than I have parents.

I am not sure why you are being rude in your reply to me when I’m just coming here asking for hiring advice. Way to push people away from this forum.

• CCCSD
    commented on 's reply
    Then grow up and stop feeding off mommy and daddy.

• Doctorhoot
    commented on 's reply
    I am 29 and I am not trolling about applying. This is the reality of my situation

• westside popo
    replied
    I don't think he even applied and is just trolling. Twenty-six years old and he's talking like his highschool years were a long time ago.

A lot of members on this forum been policing longer than you been alive!

Leave a comment:

• Doctorhoot
    commented on 's reply
    What about it doesn’t make sense? I will clear it all up. I don’t know how many different ways I can tell you gentleman that I am not that poster. I keep getting accused of it. You truly have the wrong guy here.

• tanksoldier
    commented on 's reply
    Your story doesn’t add up. Even if you aren’t the other poster, your story doesn’t make sense.

• Doctorhoot
    commented on 's reply
    Uhhh gosh, digging back that far I’d say probably just all school related. Bad grades. Wasted tutors. Didnt go to the right college, didn’t work the right job. Also more so stuff that I DIDNT do - buy a condo when I had the money. This kind of runs in my family. When my grandmas was on her death bed she still gave my mother flack about stuff from years ago. Long memories. It’s annoying. I have removed myself from the equation by moving out as soon as I could years ago.

• Aidokea
    commented on 's reply
    How? A 13 year old has a child, and then that child has a child at age 13, when the grandparent is 26.

• Aidokea
    commented on 's reply
    What did you do as a kid?

• Doctorhoot
    commented on 's reply
    Sir, I can PROMISE you that I am not the same guy that you all think I am. I read his situation. It is not even remotely close to mine. My folks are just little vindictive people who are still mad about stuff I did as a kid.

The poster all of you guys are all accusing me of being has issues far far more worse than mine.

• Doctorhoot
    commented on 's reply
    Early 60s since it’s been over a decade since I graduated high school. I’m also an only child so… makes it a little more weird for me but whatever, it’s their choice. And a 26 year old grandparent? How is that even possible.

• Aidokea
    replied
    I don't think he's getting past the psych...

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    commented on 's reply
    Your spidey-sense may be correct...

• Aidokea
    commented on 's reply
    So your mom was in her late 60s when you graduated from high school?

In our line of work, we have seen 26 year old grandparents.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3214 users online. 232 members and 2982 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X