Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad relation with parents who are trying to ruin my background check. Am I doomed?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
    You know folks, I believe OP is working on the misconception of, He who argues longest prevails.

May I suggest it's time to write this one off as Warned & Advised, go back in service so to speak, and move on?
    As long as his BI gets this string…

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

As long as his BI gets this string…
      Thing is ---if this continues the chances of it getting deleted are good

If we stop responding -----it probably won't
      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorhoot View Post
        My question is - will this look poorly on me when compared to other candidates?
        Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorhoot
          Psych should be better this time around. Those tend to be hit or miss.
          They are? Huh. I've worked for three departments full-time in my career (plus a couple part time early on) and have taken just as many psych tests...I've never "missed." I guess I'm super lucky.
          "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea
            Forum Member
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            ...or you're not a psycho...

• Doctorhoot
            Doctorhoot
            Forum Member
            Doctorhoot commented
            Editing a comment
            Ouch. Yeah. I’ve heard of some cops failing their psych for one agency and getting hired on at another. Plus my old agency I applied for is letting me reapply in another 6 months… so obviously it’s not like I’m barred for life for not passing a psych exam. Just like how some people fail a poly exam and get to retake it and pass the 2nd time around or will pass for another agency. It’s why they say in the email that this doesn’t really reflect your chances of getting hired somewhere else.

It happens.

• Bing_Oh
            Bing_Oh
            Disinformation Officer
            Bing_Oh commented
            Editing a comment
            Aidokea, my psychological stability is probably questionable after 23 years of this job, including the last several as a shift sgt. It's never been so bad that I've bombed a psych test (though the head shrinker did ask me if I had been a LEO for a while on my last one...and nodded in understanding why I acknowledged that I had been).

Hell be back, telling us he passed, got hired and is starting soon.

Comment

Doctorhoot
          Forum Member
          Doctorhoot A lot of what you're telling us - even if it's all 100% true- there must be some issues going on between you and your parents...

It's none of our business to really pry into that, but why would your parents not want you to get into a specific career field that involves high liability and discretion? They must have some some valid reason for holding that viewpoint. And you can't blame it on mental illness or dementia...

Most parents do not attempt to hinder their children, and openly admit it, for no reason at all.

Comment

• Doctorhoot
            Doctorhoot
            Forum Member
            Doctorhoot commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, there are issues.

It's not so much that they don't want me to get into Law Enforcement specifically. They would just do this for any career path. I see what you're saying but again, because cops have to undergo background investigations and part of that in some states requires talking to your immediately family, they banked on that as a way to control my behavior or something.

Most parents don't. You're right. But not everyone is the same. Some people have different family dynamics, etc.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4352 users online. 238 members and 4114 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X