Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad relation with parents who are trying to ruin my background check. Am I doomed?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much of what you're giving us seems to make sense:

My folks haven't been the easiest people to deal with my whole life and have often tried to sabotage things that I have going on.

If getting on as an LEO is the end goal, why take Any chances with them?

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post

My folks haven't been the easiest people to deal with my whole life and have often tried to sabotage things that I have going on.

If getting on as an LEO is the end goal, why take Any chances with them?
      Dept made me list them in my background check and my BI told me he wanted to do a home visit with them. If I could of kept them in the shadows, I for sure would of

Comment

If his parents can get him this worked up imagine what a thug on the street could have him believing?

Comment

You were under no obligation to stay with or discuss the application with them.

I would have discussed the relationship you have with them, with your BI, advised him that you haven't seen them in two years, the interview with them may possible be in a negative light, and drop it.

The BI wil take it from there, and if necessary talk to as many neighbors to gain additional info about you, your parents and the relationship between the three of you.

BI's have heard it all before, and can investigate and pull the truth out.

Comment

• Doctorhoot
            Doctorhoot
            Forum Member
            Doctorhoot commented
            Editing a comment
            Real good point. Probably shouldn’t of told them my future career moves although they’ve known for some time that I’ve wanted to do this. Was just a matter of when. Definitely learned my lesson here. Thank you for your reply.

As always,......good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
            If his parents can get him this worked up imagine what a thug on the street could have him believing?
            Or in the Academy…

Comment

• Aidokea
              Aidokea
              Forum Member
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah. If he made it as far as academy, I would forsee an awful lot of extra push-ups in his future...

Originally posted by Doctorhoot View Post

I ended up reaching out to my B.I. and explained to him to just be aware that they are doing this. He told me that he understands and he may or may not at this point go and meet them but he will still have to send them a questionnaire about me. He also says that because I haven't lived at home in so long, he probably won't take what they say seriously.
            Your BI has already answered the question you were worried about.

All the rest of this thread has been YOU trying to get us to agree with you being dissed by your parents
            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

My folks haven't been the easiest people to deal with my whole life and have often tried to sabotage things that I have going on. Anything ranging from employment to my own personal relationships and friendships.

So I did not know they were going to do this. I SHOULD have known but I didn’t. They seemed happy at first to know I am pursuing a career in Law enforcement but as soon as they found out they had a chance to gain power over me, they took it.
              OK, so which is it - They've been doing this to you your whole life, or they just sprung this on you when you came back into town?

One of the first thing you will learn in law enforcement is - Words Mean Things. You can't say something one day and then totally contract yourself the next day. It calls your credibility into questions and creates the appearance that you are a dishonest person who will say whatever you need to in order to achieve your goals. Such persons are called Brady Officers because they have established they have no credibility on the witness stand. Prosecutors routinely refuse to handles any cases when they are the arresting officer or a witness because their credibility is all to easily attacked in court. Departments routinely fire Brady officers because they cannot serve as witnesses.

Look up the term "Brady Officer". You have just become one before you are even hired and with your inability to keep your story straight, will most likely be a DQ on the background.

Time to move on to another career path.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• Doctorhoot
                Doctorhoot
                Forum Member
                Doctorhoot commented
                Editing a comment
                With all due respect sir, I have to disagree with you too. Because I am a big fan of what you contribute to this forum, I will try to be as polite and respectful in my response back to you.

I will firstly say that I really do not appreciate my accountability and truthfulness being called into question. For the 4th ( maybe 5th time at this point ) I have put my story out there open to judgment. There was absolutely nothing I said that could be construed as my lying. That is really just you guys just giving the newer guys a hard time, and you know that too.

To answer your question though - yeah, they have been doing that my whole life but I also said that things have been rather chill the last couple of years. I DID NOT expect them to do what they are doing. Sorry, but I’ll tell you the same thing I told tanksoldier, not everyone is as smart as you. If you’re going to pick apart a story and come to your own conclusion, pretty much anything anyone says can be construed as deceitful.

To the guys saying that I am going to have trouble in the academy. All I could do is laugh. I should have also known before coming to this forum that most of you guys are super grumpy and salty and just looking to call BS on everything.

And thank you for suggesting that I move onto another career path. I’m definitely not going to because again, I didn’t lie lol. Maybe stop trying to push people away from being Law enforcement officer because someone doesn’t have a good relation with their family. You guys read way too deeply into things. Sometime it is just as simple as my title.

Thanks for reading.

• L-1
                L-1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I appreciate you Don Quixote like sense of mission. Please let us know when you reach El Toboso.

Yup.

OP, you're setting off the "Scooby Sense" of numerous officers and retired officers here, that survive and have survived by our ability to quickly and accurately size up people and situations.

I've never seen anyone like you get hired.

Comment

• Aidokea
                Aidokea
                Forum Member
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                L-1 is probably the smartest guy here. Refer to his Don Quixote comment above.

The psych is going to be your biggest challenge. I don't see you getting past it.

• Doctorhoot
                Doctorhoot
                Forum Member
                Doctorhoot commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with you about L-1. Very witty.

Psych should be better this time around. Those tend to be hit or miss.

• Aidokea
                Aidokea
                Forum Member
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                How many times have you failed the psych?

• Doctorhoot
                Doctorhoot
                Forum Member
                Doctorhoot commented
                Editing a comment
                Once for a department in the state I am living in.

So NOW it comes out that he's already failed the only psych test he's ever taken.

I guess I called that one correctly...

Comment

• Doctorhoot
                Doctorhoot
                Forum Member
                Doctorhoot commented
                Editing a comment
                May I ask why are you making it seem like I was trying to hide that? If you checked my post history, you’d see exactly what department it was for too. Not sure why you’re phrasing it like I hiding it from you guys. It just didn’t pertain to my question considering it’s for a completely different dept in another state. And before you ask, yes, I listed it in my application.

• Doctorhoot
                Doctorhoot
                Forum Member
                Doctorhoot commented
                Editing a comment
                Levithane - I was wondering the same thing too. I kept my answers consistent and was surprised that was what got me in that depts process.

Are you two guys Seriously not the same person,......?

Comment

No kidding.

Comment

Are you two guys Seriously not the same person,......?
                  They were just talking / posting to each other, that's what I was as questioning, and now that comment from "L" is gone,.......

Comment

• Doctorhoot
                    Doctorhoot
                    Forum Member
                    Doctorhoot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He made a comment about the psych exam asking how to you flunk one of them. I replied back to him ( or her ) my answer.

Levithane just deleted their comment.

• Doctorhoot
                    Doctorhoot
                    Forum Member
                    Doctorhoot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is there anyway admins can just check our IP addresses to prove that we are not the same person? Our emails? I really don’t know how else to tell you guys we aren’t the same person.

Proxy IP's roll.

This is an LEO board, there are no hidden tricks here,........

Comment

You know folks, I believe OP is working on the misconception of, He who argues longest prevails.

May I suggest it's time to write this one off as Warned & Advised, go back in service so to speak, and move on?

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3877 users online. 199 members and 3678 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X