Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passed the polygraph today. I’ll post updates as I move through the process for anyone that cares.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot
      Forum Member
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. It's rare to see someone get a second shot and then pass. Usually it goes the other way with follow-up exams.

Originally posted by AirborneJones View Post
    Passed the polygraph today. I’ll post updates as I move through the process for anyone that cares.
    That's incredible. In all my years, I've never heard of anything like that happening.

Congrats...

Comment

Agreed,.........that's Definitely a first.

Comment

Wow, you really lucked out. This never happens.

Good luck in the rest of the process.

Comment

I just got call from the BI. I have a main contact and there are two others working on my packet as well. He said they are nearly done and he hopes to be finished before the year is over. I'm trying hard to not read too much into him saying that things are looking good and to hang in there because it was almost over. There's only a few things left for them to do and they seem mostly minor. They have to call my mom, a reference, an co-habitant, verify my high school graduation and talk with an old landlord that has been very tough to reach. My initial landlord retired.

After this I have a meeting with the chief or whoever is doing that since he retired, psychological, medical and drug test.

Comment

Still in the background phase. I know my investigator said they were hoping to be done by the first week of January, but they must be busy. They’ve talked to all references, employers, coworkers and family. They must be working on some other stuff to wrap it all up. No news is good news so I’ll just keep waiting I suppose.

Comment

Again, Congratulations!!

Comment

I know this is probably a dumb question, but I’ll ask it anyways.

When is it appropriate to contact the background investigator to check on the status? I was told on 12/23, over the phone, that they hoped to be done by the end of the year or the first week of January at the latest. On 12/30 I was told by email that I was progressing fine and that they expect to contact me soon if there was a change in my status or to move to the next phase. He said I was progressing at a normal pace and they didn’t anticipate that it would be much longer before I hear from them.

I was expecting to be contacted by now. Up until the 30th I was contacted more than once a week as they emailed for more info, updated me on who they still needed to talk to and so on. I guess I wouldn’t be anxious to hear something like I am if they didn’t make it sound like I was nearly finished. Is two weeks too soon, should I wait 30 days or should I just wait patiently indefinitely?

Comment

Just wait. You don’t know what the BI is working on besides yours.
                  They will contact you when they are ready.
                  Could take months.

Comment

• AirborneJones
                    AirborneJones
                    Forum Member
                    AirborneJones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ll just keep waiting. I know my main investigator has other duties. I’m not sure about the other two that have been helping him from time to time though. I was hoping to be hired in time for the 2/28 academy. There’s still plenty of time for that I suppose. All I have left after this is the chief interview, medical, psychological and drug test. That stuff will likely go quick.

No news is good news, up until it's not,.....sit tight and wait it out.

Comment

My background investigator just called. He is working some overtime and wanted to know if I got my conditional offer email on Friday. He sent it in for review and they were supposed to send it, but must have gotten busy. He said they were slammed on Friday.

All I have left is the psych, medical and then a meeting with the chief. If there are no more hiccups I’ll be going to the academy on 2/28.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                      Winter_Patriot
                      Forum Member
                      Winter_Patriot commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congrats. It's been a process for you. Will make it that much more rewarding when you get to the academy

• AirborneJones
                      AirborneJones
                      Forum Member
                      AirborneJones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It definitely has been. I’m ready to go through an academy, again, and start working. The only thing I’m not looking forward to is being sprayed again. I haven’t forgot how much I hated it lol.

Again, Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4227 users online. 226 members and 4001 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X