Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA_Backgrounds
    replied
    Thanks! I've been doing LAPD backgrounds for a few years and can answer or get the answers to most of your questions. Everyone here is great to work alongside to get guys hired.

Leave a comment:

• MaineSqueeze
    replied
    Originally posted by LA_Backgrounds View Post
    I don't think it's tougher to get hired by LAPD than other agencies. What makes you ask?
    I was quoting what someone said in post # 2, which made my post 9 quote of what he said. But im glad you responded, since you are a BI with lapd.

Leave a comment:

• Berlioz
    replied
    Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
    Ahhh, LAPDogs once again following the trail blazed by the true L.A. pioneers, the LASD, Hooo-Rah!

EDJ
    Wrong trail. That trail had us going around and around in circles.

Leave a comment:

• ElDiabloJoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Berlioz View Post
    Drill/Primary Instructor? Yes. The only in your face "high-stress" you get is PT and Firearms. However, I think some of the instructors are getting inspired by "the academy" with some punishments they are giving out. Its fun.
    Ahhh, LAPDogs once again following the trail blazed by the true L.A. pioneers, the LASD, Hooo-Rah!

EDJ

Leave a comment:

• LA_Backgrounds
    replied
    Originally posted by MaineSqueeze View Post
    Why is LAPD such a tough agency to get hired on to, compared to others?
    I don't think it's tougher to get hired by LAPD than other agencies. What makes you ask?

Leave a comment:

• Berlioz
    replied
    Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
    congrats and PLS- go "prepared"- have at least a few decent business suits,be on time and ready when they ask and be in some sort of shape! LAPD loves the "Run" and you'll have to put out. As far as the "Stress"? there won't be alot of "tac" officer in your face stuff,but just keeping up- PT and classroom work will be a challenge,so don't take anything litely.LAPD academy has changed quite a bit since I attended in terms of training aspect,and you'll find alot of innovative and some mandated stuff that alot of old farts didn't know or were taught-LAPD academy is one of the BEST academies in the state,if not the country.Hey,Berlioz, do they still use the DI/PI titles for your instructors?
    Drill/Primary Instructor? Yes. The only in your face "high-stress" you get is PT and Firearms. However, I think some of the instructors are getting inspired by "the academy" with some punishments they are giving out. Its fun.

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    Best of luck and get to studying. The more you learn before you get there the more sleep you'll get while you are there.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/ <----my academy notes

Leave a comment:

• LA_Backgrounds
    replied
    Congrats!! Good job.

Leave a comment:

• MaineSqueeze
    replied
    Originally posted by CPDjock View Post
    Congratulations!LAPD is argueably one of the most difficult departments to get hired by. Good luck in the academy!

Why is LAPD such a tough agency to get hired on to, compared to others?

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    congrats and PLS- go "prepared"- have at least a few decent business suits,be on time and ready when they ask and be in some sort of shape! LAPD loves the "Run" and you'll have to put out. As far as the "Stress"? there won't be alot of "tac" officer in your face stuff,but just keeping up- PT and classroom work will be a challenge,so don't take anything litely.LAPD academy has changed quite a bit since I attended in terms of training aspect,and you'll find alot of innovative and some mandated stuff that alot of old farts didn't know or were taught-LAPD academy is one of the BEST academies in the state,if not the country.Hey,Berlioz, do they still use the DI/PI titles for your instructors?

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Got hired

Congratulations!! Good luck at the Academy.

Leave a comment:

• Berlioz
    replied
    Itll actually be 6-07 as the new DP starts on 6-25-07, as does the new class. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• ElDiabloJoe
    replied
    Will that be class 707? I think they label their classes after the month/year of the start date.

EDJ

Leave a comment:

• Protect-N-Serve
    replied
    Congrats! Like one of them above me said, LAPD is tough to get into, so good luck!

Leave a comment:

• McPhenius
    replied
    Great job and congrats!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2743 users online. 120 members and 2623 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X