Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got hired! LAPD

Got the call today. Academy starts in 2 weeks. woo hoo

Congratulations!LAPD is argueably one of the most difficult departments to get hired by. Good luck in the academy!

Comment

Great job and congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Like one of them above me said, LAPD is tough to get into, so good luck!

Comment

Will that be class 707? I think they label their classes after the month/year of the start date.

EDJ
          "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Itll actually be 6-07 as the new DP starts on 6-25-07, as does the new class. Congrats.
            LAPD

Comment

Got hired

Congratulations!! Good luck at the Academy.

Comment

congrats and PLS- go "prepared"- have at least a few decent business suits,be on time and ready when they ask and be in some sort of shape! LAPD loves the "Run" and you'll have to put out. As far as the "Stress"? there won't be alot of "tac" officer in your face stuff,but just keeping up- PT and classroom work will be a challenge,so don't take anything litely.LAPD academy has changed quite a bit since I attended in terms of training aspect,and you'll find alot of innovative and some mandated stuff that alot of old farts didn't know or were taught-LAPD academy is one of the BEST academies in the state,if not the country.Hey,Berlioz, do they still use the DI/PI titles for your instructors?
                "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by CPDjock View Post
                  Congratulations!LAPD is argueably one of the most difficult departments to get hired by. Good luck in the academy!

Why is LAPD such a tough agency to get hired on to, compared to others?

Comment

Congrats!! Good job.
                    Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
                    http://www.policebackground.net
                    Facebook page: The Police Applicant Group (North America)

Comment

Best of luck and get to studying. The more you learn before you get there the more sleep you'll get while you are there.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/ <----my academy notes
                      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                        congrats and PLS- go "prepared"- have at least a few decent business suits,be on time and ready when they ask and be in some sort of shape! LAPD loves the "Run" and you'll have to put out. As far as the "Stress"? there won't be alot of "tac" officer in your face stuff,but just keeping up- PT and classroom work will be a challenge,so don't take anything litely.LAPD academy has changed quite a bit since I attended in terms of training aspect,and you'll find alot of innovative and some mandated stuff that alot of old farts didn't know or were taught-LAPD academy is one of the BEST academies in the state,if not the country.Hey,Berlioz, do they still use the DI/PI titles for your instructors?
                        Drill/Primary Instructor? Yes. The only in your face "high-stress" you get is PT and Firearms. However, I think some of the instructors are getting inspired by "the academy" with some punishments they are giving out. Its fun.
                        LAPD

Comment

Originally posted by MaineSqueeze View Post
                          Why is LAPD such a tough agency to get hired on to, compared to others?
                          I don't think it's tougher to get hired by LAPD than other agencies. What makes you ask?
                          Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
                          http://www.policebackground.net
                          Facebook page: The Police Applicant Group (North America)

Comment

Originally posted by Berlioz View Post
                            Drill/Primary Instructor? Yes. The only in your face "high-stress" you get is PT and Firearms. However, I think some of the instructors are getting inspired by "the academy" with some punishments they are giving out. Its fun.
                            Ahhh, LAPDogs once again following the trail blazed by the true L.A. pioneers, the LASD, Hooo-Rah!

EDJ
                            "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
                              Ahhh, LAPDogs once again following the trail blazed by the true L.A. pioneers, the LASD, Hooo-Rah!

EDJ
                              Wrong trail. That trail had us going around and around in circles.
                              LAPD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6547 users online. 357 members and 6190 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X