Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't tell us which department in Texas, but how far is it from any major city with a history of mostly Democrat mayors?
    Last edited by Aidokea; 07-20-2021, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• AirborneJones
      AirborneJones commented
      Editing a comment
      It is in the DFW area.

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, it could be worse, it could be in the Austin area. Since 1991, Austin has elected no Republican mayors.

Dallas has only elected one Republican mayor since 1991, and Fort Worth has only elected two Republican Mayors since 1991- that should be a clue to you.
      Last edited by Aidokea; 07-21-2021, 07:38 AM.

• AirborneJones
      AirborneJones commented
      Editing a comment
      Austin is definitely worse. That’s the only place I experienced hate towards the military while I was in. I was in my GSA and drove into protest that stopped traffic years ago. They were protesting something about the Gaza Strip and as soon as they saw my in my GSA and uniform they began pelting it with trash. I’ve only experienced things like that in Austin.

So they're a small department that is missing a chief and 5-6 officers?

Why? What happened?

That's a major red flag...

Comment

• AirborneJones
      AirborneJones commented
      Editing a comment
      The department is actually pretty great. They had some issues with a city manager that was absolutely horrible. He ran off or fired numerous city employees for no reason. He had a past history of clashing with police and fire and after the chief filed a valid grievance against him he fired the chief. The city council later fired the city manager. It’s been a huge mess.

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I wish you the best on that.

Situations like that do not necessarily go from bad to good in one personnel rotation- a lot of times, there can be some aftershocks...

“…beating him senseless…” Justified in shooting.

Comment

• AirborneJones
      AirborneJones commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a difficult scenario because a gun was never mentioned until after I chose to tase him. I don’t feel I can make an informed decision to shoot someone with the info given. I feel like I was slightly setup to fail that question.

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      We assume that everyone is armed, until proven otherwise...

Ignore this comment. It was posted here instead of a reply. I fixed it.
    Last edited by AirborneJones; 07-21-2021, 01:03 AM.

Comment

It's not a difficult scenario for anyone that has bothered to learn the justification for the use of deadly force.

The thing about deadly force, is that cops need to have already made the decision to use deadly force BEFORE they face the scenario, because when they are faced with a deadly force situation, there isn't time to hem and haw about whether to use deadly force or not. So when we are faced with a deadly force scenario, there is no delay- we simply stop the threat.

That's why they gave you a deadly force scenario, and then required an answer without delay. Your answer, unfortunately, demonstrated to them that you're not there yet.

The first rule in law enforcement, is that we all go home at the end of our tours of duty.

And anyone that poses a threat to us being able to obey the first rule, is going to get what could most charitably be described as something less than the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3572 users online. 235 members and 3337 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X