300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional Job Offer Interview

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before in the past. I used the search feature, but couldn't find the information I was looking for.

I'm proud to say that I have a conditional job offer interview with a Sheriff's Office tomorrow for Deputy Sheriff. I was told that I would be meeting with the Sheriff and it'd be about 30 mins or so and that I should bring a list of questions that I have.

This may seem like a silly question, but is this the time to ask about shift work (i.e. do they use 8's/10's/12's) and pay, equipment, ect? I recall reading/hearing that one shouldn't ask about pay, ect. during an interview as it could be frowned upon. I really want to work for this department and I don't want to come off as tactless when I go in. I've never made it this far in the hiring process for a patrol position before.

Also, during this interview, is it basically a formal, "We'd like to offer you a job pending your passing the psych and physical?" or more of a let's go over your background type of thing? Or both? When I met with the Sheriff for my current job as a CO, it was just a, "We'd like to offer you a job..."

Again, I apologize if this question has been answered in the past and I'd appreciate any and all responses. Thanks for your time and stay safe.

Christine
    Last edited by sbys; 06-12-2007, 08:02 PM.

*not a leo* and I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but doesn't the agency list the pay on their website? The one I applied to does.
    Salary Schedule:

Constable, 1st Class - $71,441
    Constable, 2nd Class - $64,297
    Constable, 3rd Class - $57,153
    Constable, 4th Class - $50,008
    Recruit Constable - $42,864

I don't know if you've check the web, but it's something to think about!

Comment

Originally posted by dlnotyetcop View Post
      *not a leo* and I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but doesn't the agency list the pay on their website? The one I applied to does.
      Salary Schedule:

Constable, 1st Class - $71,441
      Constable, 2nd Class - $64,297
      Constable, 3rd Class - $57,153
      Constable, 4th Class - $50,008
      Recruit Constable - $42,864

I don't know if you've check the web, but it's something to think about!
      Unfortunately they don't. They gave us a handout from like 1996 or so before the interview that had a starting wage, so I'm not sure if that's still correct or not. If it is, it's no big deal...I just wanted to clarify it is all.

Comment

When the time comes in the interview ask them if the pay scale has been updated, if it hasn't ask what the base pay is. Nothing wrong with asking questions in the proper portion of the interview.
        Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I don't see any problem asking about shifts, pay, etc. That is all something that you need to know, and usually they will ask you if you have any questions for them.
          Get Local Coupons
          Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5897 users online. 323 members and 5574 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X