• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep pushing forward, Never quit.

Comment

Cisco912 commented
      07-12-2021, 06:46 PM
      Very much. My former boss would never get out of his office, thus leading him to not trust me with his physical address. Can you blame the guy, I never even had a chance to actually talk to him. Doesn’t help that I only worked there for 4 months. Sorry, I guess I’m just ranting at this point. You all have motivated me seriously, I need to stop bs’ing and give it my 110%! I want this bad.

Aaaaaaaalrighty then. There is WAY MORE to the story than the old boss wouldn’t just leave the office. It happens though and you can’t please everyone. What outside-the-box alternatives are there for you to use? Have you considered calling the individual and asking for permission to list his email address and phone number at least?

It is a very simple task. So simple even, that I can guarantee police work isn’t for you if you can’t figure it out and get the required information. You have to be able to figure out how to communicate with people that don’t like you. The reasons why they don’t like you don’t matter.

If you can’t adapt and overcome adversity to win the day, find another job. I am sick and tired of new officers and applicants thinking they are owed anything at all. Seriously, you are owed nothing and NEED to be treated as such. You need to earn your place, because nothing will be given to you. Excuses don’t matter. Facts don’t care about anyone’s feelings.

I agree that the military is a great opportunity for you. Don’t pick a law enforcement job in the military, so you have some experience to draw from after the LE career ends. Certain jobs and experience correlate into college credits, which is a great add on to the fact that college would be free thanks to the GI Bill.
      US Army Veteran
      The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Cisco912
        Cisco912 commented
        Editing a comment
        Woah there, you concluded to so many things I did not mention! Doesn’t like me? More to the story? Considered acquiring phone number and email address? Well… I’m not sure how much he likes me but I guess you can say he likes me enough to yes, give me his personal email and phone number, but apparently doesn’t “like me” enough to give me his physical address. There is not more to the story, straight and simple, does not want to give me his address. Called him twice and visited him once for the information I got, so I’m thankful for what I did get. So… I’m sorry there is not “MOREEE” to the story then you probably wish there would’ve been, I’m a good kid and set by example. I do believe that no one is owed anything… thanks for the reminder.
        Last edited by Cisco912; 07-17-2021, 09:47 PM.

WTF did I just read?

Comment

You don't know the physical address where you used to work (and your former supervisor still works)? How...odd.
        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Cisco912
          Cisco912 commented
          Editing a comment
          They want the physical address of my former boss… and all other employers.

'. There is not more to the story, straight and simple, does not want to give me his address. Called him twice and visited him once for the information I got, so I’m thankful for what I did get. "

THEN you explain to the agency EXACTLY that . Give them the business address and they will take it from there. If they don't you probably don't want to work for that agency anyway
        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3288 users online. 201 members and 3087 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X