Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and Worst Experiences at the academy....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worst Experiences at the academy....

I have just started the hiring process for a few departments. I was just curious what you current LEO's thought was the best and the worst parts of the police academy.

hmm .. best? shooting and driving...roleplaying scenarios

worst? will we could go on and on...
    PT, defensive tactics, pepper spray , being singled out , stress over the tests, etc etc etc

Comment

Best part? Shooting, scenarios, red man training, etc.

Worst? OC is at the top of my list, but running and certain academic classes (sexual harassment, ethics *snore) are up there as well.
      I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

I hated the stress of knowing that you would be singled out if you did something wrong (even things out of your control). I'm more of a fan of positive reinforcement.
        Get Local Coupons
        Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

Best was drivers training,firearms would have been best if not for the blizzard that hit.Worst was the food at the cafeteria!!
          FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Best:
            Firearms
            Driving (mainly poking the people that wrecked the cars or landed in the little lake on the track with a stick)
            Actually being interested in classroom learning for once. *I read magazines during college bore, snore*
            My glasses got broken during PT and the training center sent me to Walmart to the Vision Center and paid for the repairs because a big red rubber ball does make that "twangggg" sound against your face.

Worst:
            Does anybody know how many different names you can give a cheeseburger and scrambled eggs? I do.
            SUPER DRY climate in the dorms. My roommate almost had to take me to the ER because I couldn't get one of my 1,000 bloody nose's to stop bleeding.
            Team based failed room inspections because people on your team are billy goats and don't know how to clean their room.
            Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
            I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
            Originally posted by weinerdog2000
            as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Best: driving, firearms, SCAT and the camraderie

Worst: instructors in your ear for not double knotting your shoes and the good ole' "You now have five minutes to change out of your (sweaty, stinky) PT gear, shower, and into your business attire....(five minutes have elapsed)...you now have two minutes to change out of your business attire and into your Class A uniform."

Comment

Best: Driving, shooting, and playing on the FATS machine.....

Worst: PT/DT with a demented instructor who spent waaaaaayyy to much time in the Army wearing one of those funny Green Beanies and killing Commies for his Mommy...... And God forbid he was in a bad mood....or one of the knuckleheads in class ticked him off.... Nothing like doing an hour of TMF then going on a 4 mile "jog" through the woods........

Comment

I graduate thursday:
                  Best times E.V.O.C (driving training) Scenarios, Range, being paid to go to school.
                  Worst times legnth of the academy, ours was only 18 weeks. boring classes (sexual harassment, child abuse, elderly abuse, Law (necessary evil).

Comment

I didn't think gettin OC'ed was that bad. I'd do it again for a c-note...haha.
                    Best - Driving School (just finished our first day and its already #1), Role Playing Scenarios
                    Worst - Any boring class directly after lunch or PT (ZZZZzzzzzzzz)

Comment

Originally posted by Notownsfinest View Post
                      I graduate thursday:
                      Best times E.V.O.C (driving training) Scenarios, Range, being paid to go to school.
                      Worst times legnth of the academy, ours was only 18 weeks. boring classes (sexual harassment, child abuse, elderly abuse, Law (necessary evil).
                      18??? How about 29 weeks.

Worst...PT for sure. 4 mile runs uphill, how the hell do they grade ranges to go uphill both north and south with the same starting/finishing point?

Comment

Originally posted by sinned View Post
                        18??? How about 29 weeks.

Worst...PT for sure. 4 mile runs uphill, how the hell do they grade ranges to go uphill both north and south with the same starting/finishing point?
                        29 weeks wow 18 was long enough for me. The only thing I would have liked to see more of was scenarios, and driving training.

Comment

Thank God GA's academies are still only 10 weeks long!! I would lose my mind in one of those hellholes for an additional 19 weeks!!

Comment

Length of Academy...

18 weeks...I start Monday...32 weeks!

Comment

11 months for me, Im 6 months into now

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2600 users online. 140 members and 2460 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X