Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BI question (this is not a "will this stop me from being a LEO" thread)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BI question (this is not a "will this stop me from being a LEO" thread)

Im still in my first year of university, so i havent had alot of experience with aplication process. I presume that in your aplication you are required to list ALL employers. Will the agency call all of them? I have moved around alot internationally and have had alot of jobs (2 jobs in Chicago, three jobs in New Zealand).

I left all my jobs on good terms with the employer except for one, which i resigned from (wasn't dismissed).

Simply, how much emphasis is placed on previous work references? Is it possible that an agency will want to talk to my mcdonalds manager from 5 years ago, and the farmer who i helped out for 1 month?

Originally posted by nibroc View Post
    Im still in my first year of university, so i havent had alot of experience with aplication process. I presume that in your aplication you are required to list ALL employers. Will the agency call all of them? I have moved around alot internationally and have had alot of jobs (2 jobs in Chicago, three jobs in New Zealand).

I left all my jobs on good terms with the employer except for one, which i resigned from (wasn't dismissed).

Simply, how much emphasis is placed on previous work references? Is it possible that an agency will want to talk to my mcdonalds manager from 5 years ago, and the farmer who i helped out for 1 month?
    Departments are certainly interested in your work history. It can serve as a pretty fair indicator of what type of employee you'll make them. If you're currently a University student, you'll probably not have as extensive a history as say a guy 35 years old. There's no problem with leaving an employer for a better job. Issues sometimes arise concerning the circumstances under which a person left a given job. On any work history statement, be honest, and list all previous employment to the best of your ability. If the department wants to call Chicago, we'll it's thier "dime". Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2850 users online. 164 members and 2686 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X