300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief’s interview coming up

I’ve got a chief’s interview coming up for a small department in the Clark County, WA area. Any tips and thoughts on what to expect or how to prepare?

Kneepads

Seriously, just be y

Even if you could pretend to be "the guy that fits the department" or whatever, if you aren't everybody will be miserable when you can't pretend anymore.

Just be you
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

As I've said in other threads, don't be a dork. Be level-headed, attentive, appear confident but not cocky. Don't forget to show respect. 'Sir' and 'M'am' should not be used sparingly. Let them see there's a light on inside. They want you to represent the department in the best light so bring your A-game. You have to wear suit and tie or at least a tie - this is not a business casual meeting. Also, don't let your mouth run to where you begin to sound foolish.

A department manager wants someone they can work with to become an officer they can put trust in. Liability is a big thing on their minds so show them you are the person they can put their trust and confidence in when it comes to decision making. Critical thinking is so very important. Oh, and don't forget about being a team player.

Good luck!

Comment

Don't drink heavily the night before- we can smell it...

Comment

Originally posted by angeredmgmt View Post
          As I've said in other threads, don't be a dork. Be level-headed, attentive, appear confident but not cocky. Don't forget to show respect. 'Sir' and 'M'am' should not be used sparingly. Let them see there's a light on inside. They want you to represent the department in the best light so bring your A-game. You have to wear suit and tie or at least a tie - this is not a business casual meeting. Also, don't let your mouth run to where you begin to sound foolish.

A department manager wants someone they can work with to become an officer they can put trust in. Liability is a big thing on their minds so show them you are the person they can put their trust and confidence in when it comes to decision making. Critical thinking is so very important. Oh, and don't forget about being a team player.

Good luck!
          Well said.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4270 users online. 305 members and 3965 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X