300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace Corp?

Just wondering if anyone has ever been in the peace corp and if so, did it help you obtain a LE position?

I'm thinking seriously about joining after I graduate next year and wondering if it helped, both personally and professionally.

Thanks,

Haak

Originally posted by Haaken View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has ever been in the peace corp and if so, did it help you obtain a LE position?

I'm thinking seriously about joining after I graduate next year and wondering if it helped, both personally and professionally.

Thanks,

Haak
    Ummm, please don't be discouraged if you don't get much response here. Generally speaking, those attracted to the peace corps are generally more interested in the socially liberal professions such as teaching, social work, pro-bono law, etc.

Generally speaking, you're asking a question of a bunch of cops, a very large number of which came to LE via the military.

Good luck!

EDJ
    "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

I can understand your opinion.

I was going to go into a big elaborate speech, but Ill just keep it to: I've done the Military thing, Army Reserves. Its a different mindset than I think the peace corp will develop. With the combination of both, I believe will give me a solid foundation to become a great LE Officer.

Just inquiring if anyone has or knows anyone who has joined the peace corp to get some feed back.

Thanks

Comment

Good post,

I worked with one person who served in the peace corps. She brought a lot of good qualities to the department. She knew a different language and how different cultures react to different situations. Also she had a good mindset to be a cop. If you have the qualities, you should be just fine.

Comment

Peace Corps

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
          Ummm, please don't be discouraged if you don't get much response here. Generally speaking, those attracted to the peace corps are generally more interested in the socially liberal professions such as teaching, social work, pro-bono law, etc.

Generally speaking, you're asking a question of a bunch of cops, a very large number of which came to LE via the military.

Good luck!

EDJ
          The proceeding reply is very true, and that's why I posted it as a quote. We're not passing judgement on your ability to become a Peace Officer. I'm certain that many aspects of service in the Peace Corps would serve you well in our profession. I don't feel it will give you an advantage over say, an applicant fresh out of the Armed Forces. Let me throw this thought at you. The hiring process in many ways is a great levelor. If you test well, and do well in all phases of the hiring process, yeah, there's no reason you couldn't be a very successful Peace Officer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6144 users online. 353 members and 5791 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X