300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding Tickets...

How important is it to have a clean driving record in LE?
    If there are no collisions, just minor speeding infractions, how badly is that looked upon?

Speeding Tickets

Originally posted by dlnotyetcop View Post
    How important is it to have a clean driving record in LE?
    If there are no collisions, just minor speeding infractions, how badly is that looked upon?
    In general, it's very important to have a good driving record when applying to an LE agency. Okay, let's say you have two speeding citations for 10MPH over the limit, in a period of five years. That probably isn't going to hurt you too badly, if at all. Now let's say you have two DUI arrests/convictions in that same five year period. That's probably going to be a problem. Any pattern of violations that evidences a disregard for the law will be a problem. That is a fairly general answer. Perhaps some of our Canadian colleagues can provide you with some additional insights.

Comment

Keep in mind also that a large part of your job will be driving. They have to trust you to drive in an emergency state. If you show unsafe driving patterns, they will take that into consideration.
      Get Local Coupons
      Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

I totally understand a blatent disregard for the law, such as DUI or criminal record. I just mean minor speeding tickets...
        I've never been in or caused an accident, nor do I race or drive recklessly.
        Thanks for the responses though.

Comment

If you have a couple of speeding tickets over the past 5 years.....you should be fine.

If you have a bunch of tickets over the past couple of years....you won't be fine.

Any agency you work for has to be able to insure you under their policy.......and a Insurance Company will not do that if you have an excessive amount of tickets.....especially since you will be operating a motor vehicle to do the job.....

Comment

Many agencies will specify on information packets usually about tickets. Ours frowns on 3 speeding tickets in two years, but does not mean you won't get hired. But there are plenty of people out there with clean records.

Don't worry so much about "years ago."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5377 users online. 297 members and 5080 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X