Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal History Statement Question

Hi everyone!

I am filling out my Personal History statement for an agency in North Texas, and I am stuck on a section that asks about LEO/Firefighter service.

The page starts telling me to fill it out if I have ever been a sworn or comissioned LEO, Peace Officer, Sheriff's Deputy, State/Fed Agent, Commisioned Reserve Position, Firefighter or any other Police/Fire Agency position.

I worked over three years in corrections, half of it on the state level, the other, most recent half on the county level. Neither position would be what I consider Comissioned. Any input or advice? Thanks!

Personal History

Originally posted by BuyAPenguin View Post
    Hi everyone!

I am filling out my Personal History statement for an agency in North Texas, and I am stuck on a section that asks about LEO/Firefighter service.

The page starts telling me to fill it out if I have ever been a sworn or comissioned LEO, Peace Officer, Sheriff's Deputy, State/Fed Agent, Commisioned Reserve Position, Firefighter or any other Police/Fire Agency position.

I worked over three years in corrections, half of it on the state level, the other, most recent half on the county level. Neither position would be what I consider Comissioned. Any input or advice? Thanks!
    Not a bad question. It's not so much a case of listing your Corrections employment, but where you list it. I definitely don't want to steer you in the wrong direction. Why not call the Recruiter, Personnel Officer, etc, at the agency you're applying with ?They should be able to help you.

Comment

I was in Texas and a corrections or detention officer is not a sworn officer and requires no police academy. However I would follow PhilipCal's advise and contact the BI.
      Last edited by DetectorAz; 06-11-2007, 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling
      Honesty Pays, Dishonesty Costs, ARE YOU IN DEBT

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4719 users online. 325 members and 4394 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X