300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your worst qualities

first off, i do not want to sound arrogant or cocky (i am neither). nor do i want to sound conceited or in denial. i have been thinking about this question since it was asked on my written pysch, "what are your worst qualities?". i left the question blank on the test. i have asked friends, family, and my girlfriend. no one has been able to give me an answer. the ONLY thing i can think of, that is remotely relevant is that i am too generous. if i go out to eat with friends, and someone doesnt have money on them, i will get their bill, without them owing me. i will do that even if its the last bit of cash i have on me. these arent expensive meals, by any means. i am kinda worried that if i mention that, it will come across as me living outside of my means. im planning ahead to be asked this question at the oral board, and my follow-up psych review. is it ok to say that i cant think of any of my worst qualities? i know i have flaws, everyone does, but i cannot think of anyhting besides being "too generous". thanks in advance!

I said that my worst quality was the fact that I procrastinate on things. I got some grief for it, like, would you procrastinate on a report? Would you procrastinate while en route to back up an officer? Umm, No, and No It was weird, I got through it, and passed. Im generous too, and never even thought of that. Anyways, goodluck to you.

Comment

I just said that my brain moves too fast for my mouth, so when I talk it sometimes sounds like I'm babbling. I just have to stop and repeat what I just said, clarifying my thoughts.

It sounds stupid, but like you, I couldn't think of anything.

Comment

I used that I'm young and I will have to work harder to earn respect. It's a negative turned into a persistence thing.
        "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

Everyone has a 'worst quality.' It's what you do to turn it around to a "best quality" that matters

Comment

I just had my board a few weeks ago and got this question. I dont know if I passed yet. I should actually get my letter in the mail today, so I'll post back later and let you know.
            Last edited by IAmJeff; 02-02-2008, 03:24 PM.

Comment

thanks, everyone. i guess procrastination is another quality that i have. it has never been an issue with work, it usually pertains to small details, like taking the trash out.

Comment

Like every part of the application process, the best answer is the honest one. Think hard, you'll think of something. Leaving it blank would probably look bad.

The best way to answer it is to state your problem and your solution.

"One of my bad qualities is I'm often late. Now I always plan to be at least 15 minutes early to every shift or appointment, and now I don't show up late anymore."

Problem and solution; it turns a negative into a positive.

Comment

th9e problem is, i honestly do not have any constant issues. im never late, i always get to where i need to be at least 15 mins early. even with procrastination, i ONLY procrastinate on small things, taking out the trash, washing dished, etc... i have been honestly racking my brain over this,.

Comment

My farts smell bad.. LMAO

I thought it was funny........
                    sigpic

Comment

Not a cop, but I am in management. Your need to take your worst quality and turn it into a positive one. For example, my worst quality.

"I would have to say that my worst quality is that I keep taking on more and more responsibility. Eventually it starts to bog me down. It all gets done, though."

Thats is my worst quality, other than being a manager. Your worst quality may be that you never back down from a challenge, even when it appropriate or something like that. This is what I expect when I interview people.

Comment

Maybe your worst quality is that you can't think hard enough.

Comment

During a particular interview I was asked this also Mine is my mouth..I tend to get vocal when things are not right. I've got to learn to bite my tongue sometimes lol that's a hard one for me.
                          If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmJeff View Post
                            I just had my board a few weeks ago and got this question. I dont know if I passed yet. I should actually get my letter in the mail today, so I'll post back later and let you know.
                            apparently it wasnt a very good choice because I got my non-select letter yesterday. oh well, it was my first interview.
                            Last edited by IAmJeff; 02-02-2008, 03:25 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6493 users online. 357 members and 6136 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X