300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piercings

Just a quick easy question Do ear piercings come across as immature/unprofessional when you are applying for a job as a LEO? I don't mean highly gauged ears, just normal captive bead ear piercings (10g to be specific). I won't have them if I apply anyway since I don't want anything that someone could grab onto in a fight and injure me with, but it terms of the hiring process how are piercings viewed? Thanks.

If you're a female, they're fine. If you're a guy, take them out.

Comment

Would you say it's the safety issue or the maturity issue? I would guess mostly the maturity issue, but is that true?

Comment

Thats the great thing about piercings...you can take them out. I have several piercings...some visible some not. Everything comes out during my tour. On my days off, I may stick them back in depending on what I'm doing.

Our agency does not allow males to wear earrings while working...nor would I want to even if I could. Safety issues asside, there are some things cops should not be doing. To me, earrings while in uniform would be unprofessional. Just like smoking...I'm not against smokers...and I have a smoke once in awhile myself, but when I see an officer in a crowded street puffing away, it seems unprofessional to me. When you are off and in plain clothes, have at it...smoke them up and put in all the bling you want.

Comment

Yes, I happen to agree with the professionalism aspect quite a bit, smoking especially. I just wasn't sure since I don't see it spelled out anywhere in the requirements on any sites that male officers can't have piercings.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
            Thats the great thing about piercings...you can take them out. I have several piercings...some visible some not. .

I always knew you were a freak
            Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
              I always knew you were a freak
              Oh...if you only new....one of these days I'll show you some pics. Don't even get me started on my hairstyle prior to LE.

Comment

If you are a guy, take them out for any and all interviews and tests. They come across as unprofessional and can be a safety issue if you got hired.
                I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

My ex girlfriend (now just a friend) got a septum piercing... Major turn off.

Comment

Originally posted by Conner View Post
                    My ex girlfriend (now just a friend) got a septum piercing... Major turn off.
                    Some would disagree and say its a turn on

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3094 users online. 172 members and 2922 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X