Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I be considered being 100% honest ?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by just joe View Post

Nowhere does he state that he has been selling since HS. I disagree with your analogy and your assessment.
    Guess you’ve never worked dope.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Guess you’ve never worked dope.
      Guess you don't understand teenagers.

Comment

Guess you don't understand teenagers.
        Always interesting when someone decides that “teenager” is an excuse. So I guess all those murders, rapes, hate crimes etc are just “teenagers “ having angst?

OP is STILL smoking dope and has a history of sales.

Dopers are Dopers. They don’t change.

Guess you’ve never worked dope...

Comment

• Alex99
          Alex99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I mean I only did it for like for two months and after getting caught I realized god blessed me with an opportunity and decided that life was not for me. I haven’t sold ever since so change could happen for sure.

Yeah, and I'm also struggling with the idea that after many years of committing drug crimes, that now he has decided he wants to be a cop, just a few months later...

Comment

And how is he hoping to even become an armed security guard? Federal law prohibits drug users from purchasing firearms. Question 21 e. on the 4473 is going to be a problem for him...

Comment

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Was getting ready to mention this. Whats he been sober from weed for a few months? Would be a very easy case for ATF to open and close.

Originally posted by Alex99 View Post
          I am currently 21 years of age, clean criminal record with no arrest and on my way to getting employed as an armed security guard. But when I was in high school I made the mistake at the age of 16 of distributing marijuana in the school. Law enforcement was involved but due to good school record and grades they let me slide and let the school take care of the issue. I stopped smoking marijuana now for a couple of months and know I have to wait a while before getting employed but would the distribution that happened 5 years ago in the school disqualify me?
          Bruh, while you may be legally entitled to certain considerations due to be being a juvenile....Applying for a job is totally different. You were busted selling drugs in school. That’s looked upon about 10 times as unfavorably as simply selling drugs, which is a disqualifier in itself. Sorry homie, you’ll never be a cop. I tell you this not to be a jerk, but so that you won’t waste anymore of your own time trying to reach a goal that is unattainable.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Always interesting when someone decides that “teenager” is an excuse. So I guess all those murders, rapes, hate crimes etc are just “teenagers “ having angst?

OP is STILL smoking dope and has a history of sales.

Dopers are Dopers. They don’t change.

Guess you’ve never worked dope...
            We are not talking about teenagers who are murders and rapists, so why do you keep bringing it up? Are you really trying to equate a teenager with pot brownies to murderers and rapists? The adult brain is not developed until around 25 or so. There is also evidence that the frontal lobe in males does not fully develop until the 30s. So, yes, young people do stupid things.

No, I have never worked dope.

We will have to agree to disagree on this issue.

Comment

We can argue for days about how advanced or unadvanced the adolescent male’s judgement is......It’s all semantics. The point is, Alex cannot and I would argue should not be a cop. Does anyone disagree? I’d be shocked if you did.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                Winter_Patriot commented
                Editing a comment
                At this point, I don't think he should be a cop. It wasn't that long ago he was using pot. From a suitability standpoint, In 15 years, with no drug use and self-improvement? Maybe. You could say he's mitigated that concern if he makes that long. But I don't know how he'd able to carry as a felon, so that's still not going to happen.

Originally posted by OfficerBarbrady View Post
              We can argue for days about how advanced or unadvanced the adolescent male’s judgement is......It’s all semantics. The point is, Alex cannot and I would argue should not be a cop. Does anyone disagree? I’d be shocked if you did.
              Without knowing the facts, all I see are people jumping to conclusions. Clarification on the OP's part would be helpful. According to what is written, he never sold anything, but he had plans to. Should a 16 year old kid who planned to sell pot brownies to a few of his friends be disqualified for life from becoming a police officer? Absolutely not. If his crime was that heinous, I don't think the responding officers would have walked away from a drug enterprise and let the school handle it. Again, we don't know the planned scope, or if anything was actually sold.

Comment

• Bing_Oh
                Bing_Oh commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, he actually admitted that he "distributed marijuana," so that's not in question. To what extent? Well, he not-so-deftly skirted around that question and hasn't responded since, so take that for whatever it's worth. That he's been a regular pot smoker for more than 6 years puts him into more than the "experimental" category.

It sounds like he was pinched for what we call P-WID (possession with intent to deliver) in PA - that’s a felony in every state. I see no reason to sugarcoat it for the kid.....If you’re arrested for a felony, your chance of a law enforcement career are finito.

Comment

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                Even if he didn't get arrested for it, he still committed the crime, and that's a deal-breaker...

The adult brain is not developed until around 25 or so. There is also evidence that the frontal lobe in males does not fully develop until the 30s.
              True. And after at least 5 years of regular MJ use, it is doubtful that OP's brain will ever fully develop...

Comment

Comment

• 9L81
                  9L81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A call back to post #15, well played!

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to add the video after the fact...

Just apply and be honest with your BI. Let Backgrounds decide after they investigate all the facts and circumstances. If it's an issue they will let you know, usually by mail.

Comment

You’re a drug dealer.

Any department that would hire you is one you wouldn’t want to work at.
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                    You’re a drug dealer.

Any department that would hire you is one you wouldn’t want to work at.
                    Or at least a department that I WOULDN'T want to work at
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2758 users online. 132 members and 2626 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X