Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dq reasons

Deleted thanks
    Last edited by Hopefuldeputy; 03-31-2021, 04:07 PM.

Yep. In short, you are a flake with a history to prove it.
    You lack commitment.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Deleted thanks.
      Last edited by Hopefuldeputy; 03-31-2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefuldeputy View Post
        Hello all,

To make a long story short I was in a academy with an agency. During the academy I got hurt and resigned and went to work for a previous employer in the time after. Fast forward I started this agencies process again. During the process I withdrew to put my process on hold as my fiance was having multiple surgeries due to complications from the initial surgery (the agency said this was ok). After that cleared up I resumed the process. Mind you each time it restarted you had to apply online but it still picked up where you left off. I was accepted into the academy. Ultimately I decided that this agency was not right for me or a long term fit and withdrew all together. I decided I would obtain my degree and self sponsor so I could apply where I want to work. A few months after withdrawal I recieved a permanent disqualification for withdrawing history. My questions are is this something you have ever heard of and is this going to affect my chances of being hired elsewhere in the future?

Thanks to all in advance.
        Apply and find out if the gamble was worth it.

Comment

Hiring a new officer is extremely time/labor intensive as well as financially-expensive for departments. That doesn't even take into account the effect on manpower that having a candidate drop out and thus having to start over from the beginning with a new candidate entails. You have admitted to dropping out of the hiring process on three occasions with the same department, with one of those being during the academy (meaning they spent the whole enchilada in time and money on your hiring on that one...I'm surprised they didn't make you pay them back, as would be common in my area).

Applying and dropping out of hiring for the same department THREE TIMES does not indicate a lack of commitment to that department, it implies a lack of commitment to the profession. It also indicates a total lack of respect for that department's time and finances. None of the reasons you've given for dropping out are anything special or situations that others have not gutted out during the academy, so those aren't justifications.

The reality is, your application history at this department is a major red flag that you lack the motivation and drive to make it in this profession. Departments hire people as an investment in the future. If there are indications that the investment won't pay off (ie, they will quit or move on when the going gets tough), they are highly likely to toss that candidate on the scrap pile and move on to the next.

I strongly recommend that you wrap your head around the realities of LE (it's occasionally a little bit of fun with a lot of paperwork, office politics, political bs, and non-LE work, all of which tends to have a negative effect on your personal and family life) and make a REALISTIC decision whether you possess the drive and maturity for this profession...I guarantee that potential employers will be doing the same when you apply.
          "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Deleted thanks.
            Last edited by Hopefuldeputy; 03-31-2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Hello all,

To make a long story short I was in a academy with an agency. During the academy I got hurt and resigned and went to work for a previous employer in the time after. Fast forward I started this agencies process again. During the process I withdrew to put my process on hold as my fiance was having multiple surgeries due to complications from the initial surgery (the agency said this was ok). After that cleared up I resumed the process. Mind you each time it restarted you had to apply online but it still picked up where you left off. I was accepted into the academy. Ultimately I decided that this agency was not right for me or a long term fit and withdrew all together. I decided I would obtain my degree and self sponsor so I could apply where I want to work. A few months after withdrawal I recieved a permanent disqualification for withdrawing history. My questions are is this something you have ever heard of and is this going to affect my chances of being hired elsewhere in the future?

Thanks to all in advance.
              I'm with the others on this.

The level of commitment required to succeed in this profession, is orders of magnitude greater than what you have demonstrated so far.

Comment

Deleted thanks
                Last edited by Hopefuldeputy; 03-31-2021, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Also keep in mind that agencies share information on applicants, both officially and unofficially. Word travels fast within the law enforcement community, and black marks on your reputation are often permanent.

No agency wants to hire a quitter who cannot make up his mind on WTF he wants. There's no room for indecisiveness and lack of commitment in this profession.

Comment

With this deem me completely not hireable with a degree and academy graduation?
                    A degree and graduating from an academy, do not change the fact that you are permanently disqualified from employment.

I'm not sure how you're not getting what "permanently disqualified" means.

Please tell me your degree is not in Criminal Justice...

Comment

• Hopefuldeputy
                      Hopefuldeputy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I understand that I'm not attempting to re apply with this agency. I left their process as I chose I no longer wanted to work for them.

• CCCSD
                      CCCSD commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You didn’t choose not to work for them. They told you not to come back.
                      You are already lying and minimizing your issues.

• not.in.MY.town
                      not.in.MY.town commented
                      Editing a comment
                      CCCSD It sounds to me like it was a combination of both. He withdrew his application (for the third time?) because he decided he didn't want to work for them after all. The agency then preemptively sent him a permanent DQ letter to make sure he wouldn't waste their time AGAIN.

• Hopefuldeputy
                      Hopefuldeputy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Deleted thanks.
                      Last edited by Hopefuldeputy; 03-31-2021, 04:05 PM.

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

A degree and graduating from an academy, do not change the fact that you are permanently disqualified from employment.

I'm not sure how you're not getting what "permanently disqualified" means.

Please tell me your degree is not in Criminal Justice...
                    He is permanently disqualified from that agency only. My understanding is that he's hoping to be picked up by a different agency in the future.

Comment

• Hopefuldeputy
                      Hopefuldeputy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Deleted thanks.
                      Last edited by Hopefuldeputy; 03-31-2021, 04:05 PM.

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "Also keep in mind that agencies share information on applicants, both officially and unofficially. Word travels fast within the law enforcement community, and black marks on your reputation are often permanent.

No agency wants to hire a quitter who cannot make up his mind on WTF he wants. There's no room for indecisiveness and lack of commitment in this profession."

Look, it sounds like the agency you first applied to has really low hiring standards and was desperate for applicants because nobody wants to work for them. Otherwise, they wouldn't have given you so many chances.

Now, if not even an undesirable agency is willing to hire you (anymore), why would a more desirable one waste their time on you?

Sometimes low-hanging fruit are better than no fruit at all.

Comment

You've got that backwards- sometimes no fruit is better than flakey fruit...

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                        You've got that backwards- sometimes no fruit is better than flakey fruit...
                        In this case, I was referring to the first agency being the low hanging fruit. Sounds like they were screaming "Pick me, pick me!" at the OP (allowing him to continue the process multiple times) . He decided they weren't good enough for him. If he can't reach the higher-hanging fruit (agencies with more competitive hiring standards) then he'll end up with none.

Comment

As a prospective employer, I would look at your history of not completing an .task or endeavor as being very problematic.

Your prior history sheds a light on you as one who quits when the job get hard.......

I, along with most LE employers, look for self starters who strive to get the job done, NOT one who spends valuable time, effort and resources and leaves the situation unresolved.

I would pass on you
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6193 users online. 349 members and 5844 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X