300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sf 86

Do state and local police departments have access to sf 86 files or only federal agencies?

Nope, only Federal and Military. But even then, it's not something agency X can "google" on their systems...have to request through the owning organization. Active clearances can be checked/verified through a mutual access system....but not the SF86 itself.

You can request a copy of your SF86 if you need it for your records.

Comment

Its not something state and local have access to. Federal agencies also have to put requests in for them, its not something that is widely available at a whim.

Comment

All of the above is true, but the information ON the SF86 is often available elsewhere.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

What, on the SF86, do you not want them to see?

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
            scotty_appleton814 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great question here

• Boojie
            Boojie commented
            Editing a comment
            Wanted to know if they can see all of your extended family from outside the US on the relatives out side of the US section.

I have nothing to hide just embarrassing family history on moms side.

Comment

To answer your question about relatives. If you have regular contact with foreign relatives you need to list them. That also pertains to U.S citizens whom you are related to who are living outside of the united states as well. Bottom line is if you are in contact regularly with people who live outside of the country it needs to be disclosed.

Comment

Thank you I appreciate it.

Comment

Yeah, this is not about what you think you can hide from a background investigator- that's the wrong attitude to have...

Comment

https://youtu.be/XIMoXrfG3ok

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4862 users online. 257 members and 4605 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X