300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgot to mention something

MY last post I asked about my chances at a poice career after being psych DQ'd by the NYPD. I forgot to mention that I am a certified peace officer for the New York State Office of Mental Health. We basically handle the police duties on New York State mental health facilities including arrests, invretigations, and issuing of traffic tickets and criminal summons. I did not hold this title while applying for NYPD. Does my current position help me at all in the hiring process for other agencies inspite of the psych DQ? I'm sure some of you will appreciate the irony of being psych DQ'd by the NYPD and then hired and given peace officer powers by the State of New York. I got a laugh out of it.

Originally posted by jacobeast1 View Post
    MY last post I asked about my chances at a poice career after being psych DQ'd by the NYPD. I forgot to mention that I am a certified peace officer for the New York State Office of Mental Health. We basically handle the police duties on New York State mental health facilities including arrests, invretigations, and issuing of traffic tickets and criminal summons. I did not hold this title while applying for NYPD. Does my current position help me at all in the hiring process for other agencies inspite of the psych DQ? I'm sure some of you will appreciate the irony of being psych DQ'd by the NYPD and then hired and given peace officer powers by the State of New York. I got a laugh out of it.
    Definite irony in your situation. It's difficult to say with any certaintly, whether or not your current duties would help you in applying with another agency. I don't think your current employment would hurt you though. In any future applications, it's possible you'll be asked if you failed any part of another agency's hiring process. Be honest concerning the psych.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4415 users online. 234 members and 4181 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X