300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel Interview

I am in the process for a deputy sheriff custodial (jail guard) position. I have to do a repeat interview tomorrow since I had a knee injury and couldn't do the PAT.
    Need advice on answering situational questions. Interviewers are the heads of the three county facilities.

Last time I was asked the following:

o What would you do if a fellow officer were taken hostage? (No-hostage policy)

o What would you do if you were fingerprinting a prisoner and he spit on you? (I gave an answer then they followed up with - What would you do if he spit on you again?)

I assume there are policies to deal with most probable situations. How can I generally answer these things without knowing what they want to hear? I could answer by saying using physical restraint and they could think that was too harsh but if I answer trying to verbally reason with the prisoners they could think I'm too soft.

Other questions dealt with personal failure/success, integrity, knowledge of the system, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Think along the lines of common sense... If a officer is taken hostage, you better call it in for backup as one of your first things.

If a guy spit on you, most likely the agency will have face shields. Secure the prisoner until equipment can be put into place to prevent him/her from spitting again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6301 users online. 357 members and 5944 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X