300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roommate received a marijuana complaint at our apartment

Last night my roommate received a marijuana complaint and the police showed up to our apartment. They spoke to us and said wasn’t a big deal, but wanted to just say hey don’t do it at home. Since I was home and on the lease they asked for my name. My roommate said that it was all his fault and it has nothing to do with me. Police said they would note that in their report that he took full responsibility. Is this going to negatively effect me in the hiring process? As soon as I get assigned a background investigator I’ll tell them what just happened.

Be prepared for questions like, did you know your roomate was using an illegal drug in your apartment? and if you did, why did you allow it to happen, did you ever partake, did you allow parties in your apartment to happen with drugs present? ...etc.

Comment

Originally posted by losjames15 View Post
      Last night my roommate received a marijuana complaint and the police showed up to our apartment. They spoke to us and said wasn’t a big deal, but wanted to just say hey don’t do it at home. Since I was home and on the lease they asked for my name. My roommate said that it was all his fault and it has nothing to do with me. Police said they would note that in their report that he took full responsibility. Is this going to negatively effect me in the hiring process? As soon as I get assigned a background investigator I’ll tell them what just happened.
      Yeah, this brings up all sorts of questions, like your judgement for starters- choosing to be roommates with a drug criminal- someone who you know uses illegal drugs.

Even if it doesn't disqualify you, there are plenty of other applicants who are not living with drug criminals...

Comment

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not believe this would be an issue my only rule was i do not care what you do just keep it away from me. Now it has become my issue. However I do understand what your saying and have to accept the hand I have been dealt.

• Aidokea
        Aidokea commented
        Editing a comment
        Then you do have a judgement problem. This profession is probably not for you...

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your honesty.

• Bing_Oh
        Bing_Oh commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not believe this would be an issue my only rule was i do not care what you do just keep it away from me.
        This is not the appropriate attitude for someone who wants to be a police officer.

Originally posted by losjames15 View Post
      My first question as your BI would be: "Do you still live with this roommate?"

Comment

• losjames15
        losjames15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Our lease is up in July. I did not think this would be an issue.

• tanksoldier
        tanksoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        You didn’t think that associating with criminals was a problem....

Even if MJ is legal under state law, it’s still illegal under federal law.

It sounds like it’s still illegal under your state law.

So.

You’re associating with criminals breaking both state and federal laws. That brings your judgement into question.

You’re allowing them to live under your roof, not evicting them and not reporting them.

Even if you don’t partake yourself, you’re presenting the appearance of impropriety.

These issues bring both your judgement and integrity into question.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4700 users online. 317 members and 4383 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X