300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another DQ Question

Hey I take Comudin medication to thin my blood, do you guys thinks that will DQ me from the process. Back in 2000 I got a blood clot in my leg and was put on this medication on a temp. basis. The doctor then took stopped the medication about 6 month later and I did fine for about 2 years and then I got another blood clot which went to my lung (week in the hospital). And I was advised to stay on 5mg a day for the rest of my life to prevent me from getting anymore clots... I spoke to my doctor and he doesn't believe that this would stop me from effectively doing my job (I am a probation officer in NC). I was just wondering if you guys think this is something that would dq me, I am in the process of submitting applications and I was just curious what some of you guys thought... Thanks

jt
    Last edited by jayte184; 12-13-2008, 11:23 AM.

Originally posted by jayte184 View Post
    Hey I take Comudin medication to thin my blood, do you guys thinks that will DQ me from the process. Back in 2000 I got a blood clot in my leg and was put on this medication on a temp. basis. The doctor then took stopped the medication about 6 month later and I did fine for about 2 years and then I got another blood clot which went to my lung (week in the hospital). And I was advised to stay on 5mg a day for the rest of my life to prevent me from getting anymore clots... I spoke to my doctor and he doesn't believe that this would stop me from effectively doing my job (I am a probation officer in Piitsburgh House Arrest). I was just wondering if you guys think this is something that would dq me, I am in the process of submitting applications and I was just curious what some of you guys thought... Thanks

jt
    Can only speak to my own situation. Had tripple by-pass surgery in 1999. Was on Comudin therapy for about six months, including a return to full duty two months after surgery. Don't see it as a problem, although much will probably depend on your Doctor's perspective. Hope this helps.

Comment

I am assuming you were already a cop when this happen to you??? Is that correct...

jt

Comment

Originally posted by jayte184 View Post
        I am assuming you were already a cop when this happen to you??? Is that correct...

jt
        Yes Sir, that is correct.

Comment

Your best bet would be to talk to a recruiter for any agency you are applying for and ask them. I can't see that it would be a problem, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
          I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Why should it be a problem...keep on truckin
            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Most departments, if you make it far enough, will have you not only go through a medical examination where you will disclose much of that information, but also your physical. If the examiner that examines you doesn't feel that it will cause a problem in the field, you're good to go!
              The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Thanks fella's, I spoke to the medical examiner for the LVMPD and he advised me that if I would make it that far, I would have to sign somekind of waiver and he felt that it wasn't a problem. So I am going to give it a shot....

jt

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3864 users online. 240 members and 3624 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X