Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will a non at fault accident effect me during backgrounds?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will a non at fault accident effect me during backgrounds?

In 2019, I was driving to Phoenix, Arizona in the early morning. I was coming around a roundabout when a another driver failed to yield the right away and pulled out right in front of me. I couldn't stop in time and ended up clipping his driver side fender. Police came out and investigated the accident and found the other driver at fault. Because there wasn't much damage to either vehicles there was no citation written we just exchanged info with a police report that was the end of it. I haven't had any accidents or traffic violations since then. Will this effect me during backgrounds?

Based solely on what you have posted and assuming there is no other information that would change the facts, no harm, no foul.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Comment

Not a problem...

Comment

Departments range broadly in their hiring practices. Some departments want you to be squeaky clean on your application and personal history statement while others have a lower bar. Some departments may have the thinking like insurance agencies where they raise your rates after an accident even though you are found not at fault - just being unlucky enough to be in an accident nails you. Even so, I'm with the others above in saying that you most likely have nothing to worry about IF your account above is as you depicted it. ALWAYS be truthful during the hiring process!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5634 users online. 351 members and 5283 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X