Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait time after not making it through psychological exam?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait time after not making it through psychological exam?

Had a conditional offer but didn't make it through the psychological exam just got an email saying "their was an issue and that wouldn't make me a good fit with their department". My question is no one said if I had to wait to apply else where. Does anyone know if theirs a waiting period after failing a psychological exam before you can apply with a different agency? (I've passed 3 psychological exams in the past with different employers, this one was probably my own doing by not taking as serious as I should've)

How about applying the next day?

Psych exams can sometimes be voodoo science. I've seen applicants testing with multiple agencies fail a psych on Monday with Department A and pass on Tuesday with Department B. There's no time issue here.

Additionally, it could have been the shrink. There used to be one doctor we cringed at because he routinely DQed every applicant under 25 because in his opinion, only people over that age possessed the emotional maturity to do the job.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Theirs no waiting period. Now their might be some questions down the road as to what happened but cross that bridge when you get their.
      If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

-George S. Patton

Comment

• 5Comando5
        5Comando5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Think it would be better to give it some time between the exam and applying elsewhere or it probably doesn't matter?

• Iowa #1603
        Iowa #1603 commented
        Editing a comment
        It doesn't matter. MOST psych exams are "agency specific"

READ WHAT YOU TYPED ""their was an issue and that wouldn't make me a good fit with their department""

THEIR DEPARTMENT

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      How about applying the next day?

Psych exams can sometimes be voodoo science. I've seen applicants testing with multiple agencies fail a psych on Monday with Department A and pass on Tuesday with Department B. There's no time issue here.

Additionally, it could have been the shrink. There used to be one doctor we cringed at because he routinely DQed every applicant under 25 because in his opinion, only people over that age possessed the emotional maturity to do the job.

Was it Ronald McDonald? That guy is an idiot with major Psych biases.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by 5Comando5 View Post
        Had a conditional offer but didn't make it through the psychological exam just got an email saying "their was an issue and that wouldn't make me a good fit with their department". My question is no one said if I had to wait to apply else where. Does anyone know if theirs a waiting period after failing a psychological exam before you can apply with a different agency? (I've passed 3 psychological exams in the past with different employers, this one was probably my own doing by not taking as serious as I should've)
        Apply somewhere else, no need to wait. Just because you didn't pass doesn't mean you're a nut. Psych exams are standardized to a point but then also very subjective based on the person giving the inverview. I've also seen borderline candidates or even highly qualified applicants that the department flat out just didn't want for whatever reason and would use the psych as a way to filter them out.

​​​​

Comment

There is no need to wait, nor is waiting going to be beneficial to you.

Comment

As the others have said, no need to wait.

Psychology is a fake science anyway...

Comment

I’ve failed one psych and passed three others.

”Failing” a psych doesn’t always mean there’s a psychological problem, some agencies also use them to weed out what they see as incompatible personality types, people who won’t fit in to their department culture.

As others said, no need to wait or quit trying.

However, do NOT change your answers on future psych tests to try to give the answers you think they want. Answer honestly and let the chips fall where they may. Psych tests are set up to detect false answers... that will get you dinged since they can’t evaluate you accurately.
              Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-02-2021, 12:54 PM.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6829 users online. 353 members and 6476 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X