• Aidokea
    replied
    Just no...

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    Forum Member

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    Just about everyone who does any background investigations for LEO positions in NYS are LEOs. And they know that your court record, sealed or not, is available to the agency. You were just being tested. Apparently you did not fare well on the test.

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    Originally posted by Abrafo97 View Post
    she lied about weapon used against her
    Nope. Evidence of the weapon beyond her say so... or your lawyer would have been all over it.

1 then 2 me defending myself had to push the female back caused me to get nine counts
    She claimed you shoved her with a weapon? Nine counts of shoving with a weapon?

covered by harassment with physical contact i pled guilty because i knew zero knowledge on the justice system like i do now
    You had a lawyer who knew everything about the system and advised you to take the plea to keep your virgin butt out of prison.

but a nypd recruiter asked me what does the final deposition states
    ...and when you told him he stopped talking to you.

and even if its sealed no theres no career besides a leo like criminal investigator or forensic science ?
    Here the public defender’s office has investigators.... you’d fit right in.

Leave a comment:

• careerchange#2
    Forum Member

• careerchange#2
    replied
    Even the agencies that employ civilian forensic examiners or crime scene techs have background requirements that mirror sworn positions...such as clean backgrounds, etc. These investigators are an important link in the chain of custody and in the prosecution of cases and often they are called to testify and are attacked just as much as we are in court. That means they need to be on the up and up.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    Senior Veteran

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    she lied about weapon used against her 1 then 2 me defending myself had to push the female back caused me to get nine counts covered by harassment with physical contact i pled guilty because i knew zero knowledge on the justice system like i do now but a nypd recruiter asked me what does the final deposition states and even if its sealed no theres no career besides a leo like criminal investigator or forensic science ?
    Criminal Investigators are sworn LEO's

MOST agencies employ seasoned officers as evidence people

Leave a comment:

• Abrafo97
    Forum Member

• Abrafo97
    replied
    she lied about weapon used against her 1 then 2 me defending myself had to push the female back caused me to get nine counts covered by harassment with physical contact i pled guilty because i knew zero knowledge on the justice system like i do now but a nypd recruiter asked me what does the final deposition states and even if its sealed no theres no career besides a leo like criminal investigator or forensic science ?
    Abrafo97
    Forum Member
    Last edited by Abrafo97; 12-16-2020, 08:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OfficerBarbrady
    Okay people move along

• OfficerBarbrady
    replied
    I can see it now......You arrest a guy for domestic violence:

Defense Attorney: Officer, isn’t it true that you yourself were arrested for domestic violence?
    Officer: .......um well....That was a misunderstanding....And I only was convicted of harassment!

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    Forum Member

• Aidokea
    replied
    Lord loves a working man...

Don't trust whitey...

See a doctor and get rid of it...

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    My case was sealed the same day I left I had to pay a surcharge and that was is it and what’s crazy is I had to defend myself from the crazy female and I don’t understand how I get 9 charges...
    Until you start accepting responsibility, you won’t become anything worthwhile.

You can’t be a cop, but there are hundreds of worthwhile things to do with your life... but not until you accept responsibility.

Leave a comment:

• Saluki89
    pitter patter

• Saluki89
    replied
    I need a quick rundown

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    Forum Member

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    Maybe you should discuss the case with your defense attorney. Ask the attorney where all the charges came from. I’m sure you were present for all of them.

Leave a comment:

• clof2001
    Antisocial Butterfly

• clof2001
    replied
    My case was sealed the same day I left I had to pay a surcharge and that was is it and what’s crazy is I had to defend myself from the crazy female and I don’t understand how I get 9 charges...
    You f***ed up 9 times, you just haven't figured it out yet.

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    Forum Member

• Aidokea
    replied
    And getting 9 drunk dick pic texts in violation of a court order plead down to one drunk dick pic texted in violation of a court order, is still going to prevent anyone from getting hired as a cop...

Leave a comment:

• vdfnco
    Traveling Man

• vdfnco
    replied
    Being 23 years old I at-least thought they would give people a chance at-least to change the life around specially but can’t really blame anyone for the mistake but myself
    You are given a chance to turn your life around. You have the ability to be or become a productive member of society. I may be in the minority here but 23 isn't a kid. You've been a legal adult for 5 years. I agree it sucks if you desire to be a police officer but can't. Something the general public doesn't grasp is on average just how high the standards are to be a police officer. Add to that the level of training most officers receive and the investment becomes staggering. My wife has a doctorate and works in the medical profession (not an MD). As a police officer, I have more annual continuing education hours than she does. Law enforcement agencies invest thousands of dollars and hundreds of manhours into officers/applicants. We are trusted with vast responsibilities, unique situations, and damning liability. Clearly, none of us know your specific situation and you could a rockstar. But, the only predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Could you imagine the public relations nightmare if you were involved in a use of force incident and the DV issues were made public (they would be)? The agency and everyone involved in the hiring process could be professionally and personally sued for negligent hiring. I know I couldn't recommend an applicant hiring with a DV history. The personal risk of losing my job, home, and retirement is too much of a risk for me.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    Shadowman

• CCCSD
    replied
    Originally posted by L-1 View Post

Using that line is like shooting yourself in both feet and the head. Do you know how many people are killed just when they are turning their life around?
    And aspiring rappers too!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4153 users online. 251 members and 3902 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X