300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Background Investigators?

so im currently in the background process for a local department. can someone tell me what the report that the BI writes looks like and how its structured? obviously, i know what they put in like employment history, credit score, criminal activities, etc. but is it in like an essay format or is it like a form they fill out and add notes? and if its an essay format, can someone give me an example of how one might read? im just curious as to what its like... thanks!

Paragraphs and capitalization, dude...

Comment

• ihope
      ihope commented
      Editing a comment
      gotcha... its a forum

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      ...and punctuation, astronaut...

Originally posted by ihope View Post
    so im currently in the background process for a local department. can someone tell me what the report that the BI writes looks like and how its structured? obviously, i know what they put in like employment history, credit score, criminal activities, etc. but is it in like an essay format or is it like a form they fill out and add notes? and if its an essay format, can someone give me an example of how one might read? im just curious as to what its like... thanks!
    It all depends. If the department is painstakingly thorough, their report will follow the painstaking guidelines found here -

https://post.ca.gov/portals/0/post_d...estigation.pdf

You fill find excerpts of exemplar reports towards the end.

OTOH, if it's a tiny, laid back department, the Sergeant might come back, simply tell the Chief, "He's a good boy," and that's it.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• ihope
      ihope commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks man, that was extremely helpful - i really appreciate it!

Originally posted by ihope View Post
    As your BI will read this, you’re failing basic English grammar..
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      I already covered that with him, and he has made zero improvements in that area.

IF he somehow got hired, he would almost definitely be the one responsible for his classmates doing a LOT of extra pushups on his behalf...

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

It all depends. If the department is painstakingly thorough, their report will follow the painstaking guidelines found here -

https://post.ca.gov/portals/0/post_d...estigation.pdf

You fill find excerpts of exemplar reports towards the end.

OTOH, if it's a tiny, laid back department, the Sergeant might come back, simply tell the Chief, "He's a good boy," and that's it.
    Or it might be a simple computer generated narrative

It just depends
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It varies wildly from department to department.

Comment

One wonders why you need to know the specific format of a background investigation report. That’s an awfully specific thing to be curious about.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

We don't have a "form." We pull criminal and driver's histories, call references, past employers, social media etc. And since you have to be certified to work with us (no pre-hires) we'll get your POST records and call someone we know that knows you and all your dirty secrets.
          ​​​​​​

When someone screws up in this profession, down here every other LEO agency in a 3 + county radius is going to hear about it.

Comment

After 30 yrs of playing I had contacts in every area of the state. I knew someone or knew someone who knew someone in just about every agency in the state.

Now most of those people are long retired.......
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3907 users online. 274 members and 3633 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X